Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION contradictions and lies! exposing the democratic party

I've been holding off my criticisms until today.

No excuses for retroactive 2k checks, student debt cancellation, universal healthcare and etc with a dem trifecta.

If Mitch could whip moderates to get judges and taxes cut this is no different for Joe and Chuck.

tenor.gif

they just asked his press secretary how are they going to pass this Covid package? Asking has he already got the votes behind the scene?

The answer was basically how do the republicans say no to unemployment, stimulus,etc?

They will find a way and wont give a fuck.. and will likely get re-elected sadly lol

The president designated Susan E. Rice, who is the head of his Domestic Policy Council, as the leader of a “robust, interagency” effort requiring all federal agencies to make “rooting out systemic racism” central to their work. His order directs the agencies to review and report on equity in their ranks within 200 days, including a plan on how to remove barriers to opportunities in policies and programs. The order also moves to ensure that Americans of all backgrounds have equal access to federal government resources, benefits and services.

Mr. Biden will end the Trump administration’s 1776 Commission, which released a report on Monday that historians said distorted the role of slaveryin the United States, among other history. Mr. Biden also revoked Mr. Trump’s executive order limiting the ability of federal agencies, contractors and other institutions to hold diversity and inclusion training.

The president designated Susan E. Rice, who is the head of his Domestic Policy Council, as the leader of a “robust, interagency” effort requiring all federal agencies to make “rooting out systemic racism” central to their work. His order directs the agencies to review and report on equity in their ranks within 200 days, including a plan on how to remove barriers to opportunities in policies and programs. The order also moves to ensure that Americans of all backgrounds have equal access to federal government resources, benefits and services.

Mr. Biden will end the Trump administration’s 1776 Commission, which released a report on Monday that historians said distorted the role of slaveryin the United States, among other history. Mr. Biden also revoked Mr. Trump’s executive order limiting the ability of federal agencies, contractors and other institutions to hold diversity and inclusion training.

how does one root out systemic racism?

Biden signed EOs his first day.

Real question, what specifically black problem do you think he could have fixed with an EO?
At bare minimum he could've signed something pertaining to protection from race soldiers within law enforcement which isn't even a benefit. That's not even a plus, its just preventing more minuses

But what went down at the inauguration is the extent of what black Americans will get from this administration. Empathy. Symbolism. Optics. Yall get to live vicariously through another black figurehead and that's it..

At bare minimum he could've signed something pertaining to protection from race soldiers within law enforcement which isn't even a benefit.

I'm honestly not trying to be argumentative, but I don't know what this means.

If you're saying that Biden should sign an EO to make it illegal for cops to abuse black people, I'm not really sure what purpose that would serve. Technically, it's already illegal to do that, cops and those that empower them just don't follow those rules. That's not really something Biden could change with an EO. Also, various police organizations have different rules and governing bodies so I'm not sure that Biden even has the authority to unilaterally influence those things.

This kinda gets to what I was arguing in the other topic. Black problems can't be addressed through EOs. We need developed legislation that has to go through Congress. So, while I don't have a level of faith that Biden will do right by black people, I don't think his lack of EOs specific to our needs are a big deal. We shouldn't be looking for a quick fix, and to some extent, that's all those EOs were.

I'm honestly not trying to be argumentative, but I don't know what this means.

If you're saying that Biden should sign an EO to make it illegal for cops to abuse black people, I'm not really sure what purpose that would serve. Technically, it's already illegal to do that, cops and those that empower them just don't follow those rules. That's not really something Biden could change with an EO. Also, various police organizations have different rules and governing bodies so I'm not sure that Biden even has the authority to unilaterally influence those things.

This kinda gets to what I was arguing in the other topic. Black problems can't be addressed through EOs. We need developed legislation that has to go through Congress. So, while I don't have a level of faith that Biden will do right by black people, I don't think his lack of EOs specific to our needs are a big deal. We shouldn't be looking for a quick fix, and to some extent, that's all those EOs were.
I don't think an EO pertaining to us would be a quick overnight fix but it would be acknowledgement that a fix is needed. He has no plans to sniff issues we think matter in his 1st 100 days.

This is one of those "when someone shows you who they are believe them" situations

He is prioritizing non citizens over us and harping on this "path to citizenship" so much because the plan is to replace black Americans as a voting bloc. They figure 4 and 8 years from now those immigrants will be voting democrat loyally. They won't even need to pander to us anymore if hispanics outnumber us

Back