Welcome To aBlackWeb

Compromise.

Nah man

but that speaks to an even bigger conversation

why do people look to other people to be the source of their happiness? In other words, i feel you can be happy/find happiness doing things with a s/o, but if you are looking for that person to be the source of your happiness, you gon get disappointed

just my .02

No, there's no point in being with someone if you have to be depressed to make the relationship work. That's not healthy for you. At the same time i wouldn't want my S/O to be unhappy just to make me happy.

Damn y'all suck!

What if your significant other had got a great job offer that required them to travel a lot which means time with you would lessen. You wouldn't compromise?

Damn y'all suck!

What if your significant other had got a great job offer that required them to travel a lot which means time with you would lessen. You wouldn't compromise?

thats not the premise of your question tho, at least thats how i interpret it

using your reply you just posted, i would say that would take a conversation b/t the two of you and you both weigh pros and cons b/c hopefully, the end result is something that benefits the both of you

but i guess to answer your question more directly, i would be willing to compromise in a situation like that b/c i would hope that its more of a means to an end and we would just have to be creative with how we spend time together.

Damn y'all suck!

This compromise wouldn't make me unhappy. I would support her, her making more dough is good for the relationship.

It would make you unhappy. I don't know anybody who is just 100% happy that their significant other is leaving them for months on hand whether the opportunity is great or not. Yea, I'll be hella proud of you and happy for you but at the same time I'll be sad cause my baby not gon be with me for lengths of time.

Depending on what you're comprising.

That's such a vague generalization.

Happiness can be everything.

It would make you unhappy. I don't know anybody who is just 100% happy that their significant other is leaving them for months on hand whether the opportunity is great or not. Yea, I'll be hella proud of you and happy for you but at the same time I'll be sad cause my baby not gon be with me for lengths of time.

well, thats why they make trains, planes and automobiles hon lol

face time, skype, google duo, etc...

technology has given us a ton of advances in the forms of communication

which goes to my point that you would just have to be creative about how you all saw each other. Sure the frequency might not be as abundant as it once was, but its possible imo

It's not like we can't hop on a plane every other week and see each other on weekends. It's up to the couple to make it work and to not have it be a problem.

Hopping on planes and trains and automobiles.

It's not always possible to do that, the way you may want too.

oh ok...yea...i get that

but you just have to ask yourself and be real with yourself, are you in it for the long haul?

is a few months of temporary separation worth the end result? could be yes, could be no

with anything in life, at least in my pov, if the cons outweigh the pros, then its probably not a good idea in the first place

Phones and video chats are cool but it doesn't replace them being besides you.

All I'm really asking is are you willing to compromise your happiness for s/o in this situation, realistically?

No complaints, none of that. The plane and train idea is cute but in all realness ain't as easy as typing it out. So are you willing to compromise knowing that all this cute stuff you typed out might not be that easy.

i'll admit, this is where i tend to have a disconnect in threads like these b/c i define happiness as different, but i understand your pov and see why something like this would make you feel like you would be compromising your happiness

Back