Welcome To aBlackWeb

As a comedy the shit was funny. As a movie, had a lot of misses.

Akeem was way too noble in the first to get caught up like that. That alone put a cloud over the rest.

I did enjoy the nostalgic feel of it all though. When it was funny, it was hilarious.

As a story, it didn't hold up.

The problem with movies like this is they rely way too much on rehashing jokes and tropes from the original. If they just focused on making another good movie it would probably turn out better.

I liked it...it was a pretty good movie imo.

You just gotta completely seperate it from the original. You can't get away with the shit now that you could win the original came out plus Eddie's probably in a completely different space now.

He was into his late twenties or early thirties when he made the first film, about 35 years ago. He went through a lot since then.

As a comedy the shit was funny. As a movie, had a lot of misses.

Indeed.

Akeem was way too noble in the first to get caught up like that. That alone put a cloud over the rest.

He got drug-raped by a woman of questionable reputation and never properly took a moment to recall about what did really occured that night. He likely repressed the memory and favored the drug-induced phantasm as a firewall. It seems typical from what some victims of substance rape does... I know what I'm talking about, I am one of those people.

That plot twist let the noblehood about the character during his younger years unscathed, although in a very twisted way... I suspect Leslie Jones from havig inferred into the decision to imply such skit. She's infamous for her vigorous female-on-male rape/sex harassment jokes. Of course, given Eddie Murphy's antics with Donkey getting head from the gigantic Dragoness without his consent in Shrek or Norbit getting repeateadly squashed and raped for years by his tall, obese and unappealing wife in the titular movie in matter, I'm not shocked if he obliged.

I did enjoy the nostalgic feel of it all though. When it was funny, it was hilarious.

As a story, it didn't hold up.

The problem with movies like this is they rely way too much on rehashing jokes and tropes from the original. If they just focused on making another good movie it would probably turn out better.

I thoroughly concur.

Everything w Snipes and barbershop guys was gold.

When he sayd they can make ya penis into a vagina now then the other guy says they can prolly fix them saggy ass titties yall got over there
:lol10:

And when they kicked the young guy out the shop for the starving babies joke.

That was hilarious.

Felt like a long Saturday Night Live skit instead of a movie. Didn’t care for the son at all. Good to see all of em together but the whole thing just felt more like a reunion special than a real, genuine movie sequel. May we never speak of this again.

Lol.

It good for what it was worth just like any other movie that came out in the last few yrs I’ll give it a solid 6/10. It’s was some Bad ass chicks in this movie tho the one that played his oldest daughter the one is son married and Teyana Taylor was looking right the the whole movie especially in that white dress at the end.

Last edited:
Back