Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Comedian Corey Holcomb is receiving backlash for clowning people who do not have their money and career together by the age of 40. “The system worked

test
Corey Holcomb is by far a bitch ass nigga whose schtick got old years ago. Nothing he said should be taken seriously. Shit nothing he says should even be listened to

The main issue in our community is this.

Imagine you are trying to make a football team. With no knowledge of what you are supposed to do and how to do it.

All the guys that are on the field and good at what they do. Have to put in the work and the time to stay on the field. They don’t have time to mentor you or show you the ropes, cause you could possibly become competition.

So when you are trying to make the team, the main people you interact with are the guys who are on the bench. There are a lot of reasons they are still on the bench. A lot of it because of what they do and how they do.

But they are the only ones that are feeding you info. It takes you time before you realize, that these guys on the bench can’t tell you how to get on the field. Cause if they did, they would be on the field.

So some guys blame it on the coaches, that’s dudes that blame the government and other authorities.

Some guys will blame it on the teammates, those are dudes that are hi key and low key haters

Some guys will blame it on their lack of natural given ability, those are people that blame shit on sex, gender, and race

Some guys will blame it on the whole football system, that it only works for those guys on the field. Those are guys that blame Society’s as a whole.

And if you are young and ignorant, you can be lead astray by the guys on the bench and before you realize it, you’re now a guy on the bench.

That’s what it’s like growin up in the hood. When you are still young, everyone older than you and most people giving you advice is a guy on the bench. But you don’t know…that they are a guy on the bench.

This is the idea not considered when many think about Corey's comments. Maybe Corey has considered, maybe he has not. The reality remains that many wake up one day and realize how old they are, but it's not necessarily something that was planned. I never thought I'd be 18, let alone 36. So occasionally I sort of freak out at the fact that I'm here and many others that I thought would be here, are not.

In reference to your idea, I constantly ask myself if I even want to get on the field. Is any of this something I want to be apart of?

I can only take Corey Holcomb in certain doses when he speaks on certain topics... this ain't it. What he don't realize is for ppl who are 40+ especially those approaching 40 or in their early 40s were born in thae early to mid 80's during the beginning of the millennial age. We have had a lot of shit boom during that period like video games, computers, cell phones (starting during the 90s) etc.,

It seems like with all that said, as the years have gone by we've had a lot of shit that has fucked us over like the housing crisis, rising college tuition, increased difficulty in acquiring employment, etc., Then you have to look at ppls living situations... Are they dealing with a parent that has an illness that requires assistance? Is said persons themselves disabled? Not everyone 40+ are losers a lot of ppl just caught a bad break in life. Also, as older millennials we didn't have the social media apps like in the early 2000s where you can get paid off YouTube if you reach so many subscribers or go on IG and get paid for promoting brand name items & clothes.

So imo Corey is just talking out his ass as usual and don't know what he's speaking on.

I can only take Corey Holcomb in certain doses when he speaks on certain topics... this ain't it. What he don't realize is for ppl who are 40+ especially those approaching 40 or in their early 40s were born in thae early to mid 80's during the beginning of the millennial age. We have had a lot of shit boom during that period like video games, computers, cell phones (starting during the 90s) etc.,

It seems like with all that said, as the years have gone by we've had a lot of shit that has fucked us over like the housing crisis, rising college tuition, increased difficulty in acquiring employment, etc., Then you have to look at ppls living situations... Are they dealing with a parent that has an illness that requires assistance? Is said persons themselves disabled? Not everyone 40+ are losers a lot of ppl just caught a bad break in life. Also, as older millennials we didn't have the social media apps like in the early 2000s where you can get paid off YouTube if you reach so many subscribers or go on IG and get paid for promoting brand name items & clothes.

So imo Corey is just talking out his ass as usual and don't know what he's speaking on.

Bruh, I'm GenX and we had even LESS shit to get a leg up.

Tuition has ALWAYS been going up. You think it was somehow cheap to go to school when I was in college but suddenly it's now expensive???
Went through two housing crisis' as well as I don't know how many recessions.
Getting employment was just as hard back inna day as it is now, especially without a degree. Lotta my old classmates wound up at one of the plants around Tha D. I guess it could be argued that working at the plant is a career but whatever.

I don't want to hear it. I got laid off from a good ass paying job when I was 41 with 4 kids and a disabled wife that needed my care around the clock. I busted my ass and got my own business off the ground but not before losing our house, two cars (losing the third car almost a year later), and winding up on fuckin food stamps, checking food pantries every week and living in a two bedroom roach infested weekly in the hood all while ignoring my own crumbling mental state.

Nah b, sounds to me like a lot of muhfuckas that got a bunch excuses for why they're sittin' off doing next to nothing to me.

Tuition has ALWAYS been going up. You think it was somehow cheap to go to school when I was in college but suddenly it's now expensive???
Getting employment was just as hard back inna day as it is now, especially without a degree. Lotta my old classmates wound up at one of the plants around Tha D. I guess it could be argued that working at the plant is a career but whatever.

I don't want to hear it. I got laid off from a good ass paying job when I was 41 with 4 kids and a disabled wife that needed my care around the clock. I busted my ass and got my own business off the ground but not before losing our house, two cars (losing the third car almost a year later), and winding up on fuckin food stamps, checking food pantries every week and living in a two bedroom roach infested weekly in the hood all while ignoring my own crumbling mental state.

Nah b, sounds to me like a lot of muhfuckas that got a bunch excuses for why they're sittin' off doing next to nothing to me.
Talk!

i disagree.... if you 40 & still live at home you should be ashamed of yourself.
If you're able-bodied and ain't doing shit at 40+ yes. Like I said before everybody situation is DIFFERENT! Idk what some ppl don't understand about this... You can have a parent that could become ill and then have to become a full-time caretaker or take care of them until they can at least get back on their feet. Heck you can end up with an illness and have to to back home to be taken care of.

I take my hat off to you for going through your struggle with your family. I was just speaking from the millennial perspective.

If you're able-bodied and ain't doing shit at 40+ yes. Like I said before everybody situation is DIFFERENT! Idk what some ppl don't understand about this... You can have a parent that could become ill and then have to become a full-time caretaker or take care of them until they can at least get back on their feet. Heck you can end up with an illness and have to to back home to be taken care of.

I take my hat off to you for going through your struggle with your family. I was just speaking from the millennial perspective.

I def feel like older people have this “I did it and it was harder you can make it” view about every generation.

I think part of the problem with y'all Millenials is that your expectations far exceed reality. Like, a lot of y'all seem to expect to be able to jump out there and get any job and be ballin and that ain't never been the case outside of maybe plant jobs, even then you ain't ballin unless you're doin' mad OT. Many of y'all believe that Jordans, iPhones w/Airpods, and other high dollar items are necessities and not luxuries. Social media got a grip of y'all unhappy with where you're at in life because of the bullshit lies and fabrications you see on IG and the like, not realizing that ain't the real world.

I have two Millenials that are like this, though the oldest is starting to see the real world more and more now and reining in her expectations accordingly.

I def feel like older people have this “I did it and it was harder you can make it” view about every generation.

The shit is true: It was harder for my parents generation, harder for my grandparents, and far harder for my great grandparents. I wouldn't say anything less than that. Compared to them I had it easy as shit.

I think part of the problem with y'all Millenials is that your expectations far exceed reality. Like, a lot of y'all seem to expect to be able to jump out there and get any job and be ballin and that ain't never been the case outside of maybe plant jobs, even then you ain't ballin unless you're doin' mad OT. Many of y'all believe that Jordans, iPhones w/Airpods, and other high dollar items are necessities and not luxuries. Social media got a grip of y'all unhappy with where you're at in life because of the bullshit lies and fabrications you see on IG and the like, not realizing that ain't the real world.

I have two Millenials that are like this, though the oldest is starting to see the real world more and more now and reining in her expectations accordingly.

Lol bruh relax millennials are like 35 now we depressed just like y’all were

Lol bruh relax millennials are like 35 now we depressed just like y’all were

Nah, y'all seem to have the lock on being depressed at 35. I'm tellin' you, unplug from social media and them damned reality shows like LAHH or RHOA for a year and watch how your perspective on life changes as well as your overall mental health.

Back