Welcome To aBlackWeb

'Code for no black people': New York bar's 'racist' dress code sparks online debate

lol So we really going to act clubs with dress codes aren't less likely to be shot up. I've been at my share of clubs that have gotten shot up or had brawls inside. None of them were the "dress code" variety. Call it what you want, but on average, the niggas that go to the club just to start shit ain't putting on khakis and button down shirts.

Lol

It's so true.

I get the dress code rules and truthfully it does help eliminate a certain crowd from coming to an establishment most of the time.

From my experiences though dress codes ain't never stopped fights from happening when two people or groups of people got real problems.

People fight at funerals in suits, slick bottoms and church dresses. A dress code ain't going to stop folks in some basic button ups from fighting. Add liquor to that equation yes dress code or not fights are going to happen.

I agree though dress codes can cut down on the amount of fights though.

If it's uniformly addressed, then that's cool. But most of these places will try to find something else. I couldn't get in one time because I didn't have a belt and couldn't get into another place because my homie's jeans we too baggy, smh. So they do expand that list when the reach black capacity.

The most fucked up part about these places is they play music from artists they would never let in their club.

That's the part that pisses me off the most. Use the culture to attract customers but hate the culture at the same time.

Back