Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Classic or Nah Vol 8: Lil Wayne - Tha Carter

Classic or Nah?

• Total voters
You purists made it that way because you don't recognize them if they aren't super lyrical or rapping about what you deem as "substance". As if to say Pac, Big, DMX, Jay, NaS didn't have party songs.

Man I'm not gonna feed into this young vs old shit because I'm above that. But I wish yall would stop hating Wayne so much and just give him his just due and props he deserves. If you don't like the music that's fine but again you can't take anything away from Wayne. C3 is a classic he has classic albums and songs.

Bro again you're kinda movin' the argument no one is sayin' Wayne isn't good cah he makes party shit. I'm sayin' C3 is not a classic because it isn't of high enough quality

Ima make that one in the next week or so lol I aint tryna flood the series with wayne albums lol

Haven't people noticed the biggest pattern ever on the I.C/ABW????

Posters hate on all the rappers that are popular with females and that females heavily listen to like

Eminem
Lil Wayne
Drake
Nicki Minak
50 Cent
Max B
Gucci Mane
2 Chainz
Young Thug
RHQ
Future
Post Malone
Chief Keef
B.o.B
Kid Cudi
Wiz Khalifa
Nelly
Chingy

But stan for and praise all the rappers that females don't listen to that males heavily listen to

Nas
Jay Z
Royce
Rakim
Ice Cube
Scarface
Wu Tang
Black Thought
Busta Rhymes
Outkast
Big Pun
Crooked I
Styles P

This Is Facts & one of the reasons HipHop has been
6281F729-7AD4-46DD-BE83-93D3BCBB7CAC.gif

Sion, why are you using illmatic as a comparison when, to my knowledge, no music (at least for public consumption) from Nas existed before illmatic?

My point, and I can't actually believe I'm explaining this to you of all people lol, is that C1 and 2 had themes of him walking through the Carter project, you know, new Jack City?

He had the fly in/fly out, walk in/walk out interludes sprinkled throughout the albums and the rest of the songs track placements were centered around those interludes.

Why aren't there any of those on C3? Like not one of them? That's a theme my friend. I just explained why.

C3 was a glorified mixtape. The other two Carter albums had maybe a total of 4 features between them ( I don't know the exact number off the top of my head)

C3 had:

T-pain
Cool and Dre
Bobby v
Juelz Santana
Fabulous
Babyface
Jay z
Brisco
Busta rhymes
Robin Thicke

And stop with saying there is dislike for Wayne when someone has an opposing view lol. I've been bumping Wayne since before the world heard of him. I've earned a right to call his shit trash when it's trash

Put it like this.

No ceilings mixtape is better than most of the back half of his retail released catalog which includes C3 and 4.

Well your taste sucks Culture Vulture

How am i a culture vulture lol? this is the most illogical and nonsensical accusation i ever heard

A culture vulture is an individual that makes money, profit and a career participating in a culture they do not really like but pretend to for profit

How is me listening to the type of music i listen to because i am drawn to that type of music and find that type of music and that style the most enjoyable to listen a culture vulture? so every female that listens to the rappers i listed who are heavily listened to by females is a culture vulture?

Music preference in this case me like most music lovers preferring hooks/melodies/song writing/artistry makes every one on the planet that has this same preference a vulture vulture?

You implied that it wasn't a classic because it had no "theme" which is incorrect and fallacious to say because there are albums deemed classic that have no real themes to them all throughout music in general. Thriller didn't have a theme and we dont say it's not classic. MJ goes from Thriller, gang fights (Beat It), to fighting over a girl, seeing a girl for the first time (PYT), and more. Quincy Jones said he didn't know how to define it - whether it was Funk, Soul, Pop, Jazz or Rock. They left it open to interpretation because he felt it was "art". The Cure's Disintegration had no consistent theme anywhere throughout the music and single-handedly ushered in the synth pop era and became a staple for synth and new wave. Jazz albums don't have lyrics to explain the theme and there are classic albums.

Already knew about the New Jack City and Cash Money Bros, this point is irrelevant tho.

There is a dislike for Lil Wayne, there always has been even on the IC. Do not deny that it doesn't or never existed. This whole thread posters even came out and said they didn't like Wayne's music and said it was trash, there are people who voted "No". Whenever I bring up the music they say it's wack, if I bring up accolades and impact they say it don't count, if I say it changed the perception of how southern rappers are seen and represented people deflect. So which is it ? Still I have yet to see any objectivity or props given anywhere with Lil Wayne. I've said countless times already, you don't have to like him but you have to give him his props.

Saying this or that mixtape is better, again *sighs* subjectivity because people have different preferences. I think Dedication 1 is an incredible piece of work, other's would disagree. I don't think No Ceilings is better than all his albums but hey that's your opinion, that's how you subjectively feel. What's apparent tho is that Carter 3 is universally acclaimed and hailed as a classic.

I didn't say no ceilings was better than all his albums. I specifically mentioned the back half of his catalog which, outside of a few hot verses here and there is severely lackluster

I'm comparing c3 into it's predecessors because those two had the same recipes practically for why those two are considered to be his best two retail released projects.

I also didn't say it wasn't a classic because it didn't have a theme. I was saying that it's a collection of unheard tracks and shit put together at the 9th hour to be able to release to the public and it's obvious when you compare it to the first two Carter albums.

I Listened Staight Basura...Nigga Rapping over a R.Kelly Beat....I'm tryna put U on some goon Shit...Tell Ya Overseas Mates

Let's stick to what has been said here

Find me where I have said I didn't like Wayne

That thread needs to be made at least 2-3 weeks later. Because I've seen this on the IC. When people get defensive against a unfavourable view they vote against it. Fam remember when MBDTF barely made it into the vault because someone said how can Kanye have a classic album if he didn't write it ? I'd rather the thread be made a few weeks later so people forget and come in with a clean slate.

Plus why skip from 1 to 3, do 1, then 2 and then 3.
I thought the Carter 3 was a solid album. It gets a lot of unnecessary hate. But it's not a classic nor should it even be in the conversation.

So far C3 has been compared to Illmatic, The Black Album and some Pavarotti joint. It might not be a classic but @Sion stance on it is...

';;lll

Weezy was selling 1 million a week with ease at one point and doing it in an era where u could just download music for free

And selling that 1 million a week with actual hard copy CD's before the streaming era where they counted as sales

So this why Weezy has made music history doing this was something people like NSYNC could only really do. Weezy doing what someone like them did that is something that gonna put him down in the music history books forever

And the thing about it is besides Lollipop he was doing it making actual rap music. Hungry at this time and was lyrical too

So @Sion has a right to wonder why people ain't putting respect on his name.

Back