Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Classic or Nah Vol 8: Lil Wayne - Tha Carter

Classic or Nah?

• Total voters
You're getting confused with the momentum Wayne had going into Carter III with the actual music on the album. That album had very forgettable music on it.

Last edited:
Sion,

C3 musically was trash lol

I mean, what's sad about all this is, we know a bunch of songs got leaked, so they scrambled to put shit on there and as a result, again, musically, that and c4 are the worst in the series.

C3 had no theme and it sounded like it. Sounded like a bunch of unfinished tracks with no coherent flow.

Infamous said it perfectly. He was riding the wave of the first two Carter albums. Which is why this one did the numbers it did, but musically, it was wack.

Does it have some nice tracks? Yes, but they pale in comparison to the previous 2 releases

Sion,

C3 musically was trash lol

I mean, what's sad about all this is, we know a bunch of songs got leaked, so they scrambled to put shit on there and as a result, again, musically, that and c4 are the worst in the series.

C3 had no theme and it sounded like it. Sounded like a bunch of unfinished tracks with no coherent flow.

Infamous said it perfectly. He was riding the wave of the first two Carter albums. Which is why this one did the numbers it did, but musically, it was wack.

Does it have some nice tracks? Yes, but they pale in comparison to the previous 2 releases
This. C3 is when I went from a Wayne Stan to never listening to him seriously again.
And C2 is the only classic album Wayne has. C1 is great and it was the lob to c2.

It wasn't even the wave of those albums. It was the features he was killing, the mixtapes the Drought 3. People were starving for Carter III. Wayne could have farted for 60 minutes and people would have bought it at that time. This is coming from a Wayne fan btw

Sion is correct about 1 thing

There is a distinct difference in mainstream hip hop (sans a couple artists) after C3

Wayne is a lot of these current niglets hip hop OG

:shrug3:

Wayne is also majorly responsible for a major imgae shift in hop hop as well...

Again...whether you like it or not...there is a distinct shift in fashion and individualism (sans a few artists) after C3

:shrug3:

The problem is people can't see past their dislike for Wayne. If you leave it to them Wayne has no classics and no place in Hip-Hop. Like him or not fine but you can't deny his place in the game. Wayne a TRAINED star he's been in it since he was 11. He's made his bones and if he croaked tomorrow he's going down as one of the greatest of all time. I know that shit is like sardines to purists but it's the truth.

You gotta remember it's a younger generation than us who also came up to different influences than we did. They're the ones who are gonna say Kendrick, Rocky, Cole, Wayne, Drake, Nicki, Kodak Black, Travis Scott, Big Sean, Post Malone, Migos, etc. are their favorite artists and have classic albums or music that marked a time for them. You gotta respect the young too which is a problem a lot of older fans have. That's also why there's no unity between eras in Hip-Hop and if one isn't established it's gonna go way left cuz there's no OGs to coach these kids.

CoSign my nigga for real...

Thats the one thing I hope our culture changes bruh

A respect between the elders and the new gen...

Older heads and artists shitting on the young bucks so the youngins like “well fuck you too old ass nigga”

No unity and respect between eras...instead of giving the youngins the baton to continue to run the race we would rather keep it...pass out on the track and force them to pry it from our hands...

You can't refute it unless you're coming from an angle of pure dislike for Wayne. Carter 3 defined Lil Wayne as a super star, in terms of impact there was nothing quite like it, even the production was very distinct, definitely not a traditional southern album. A Milli was a classic song for it's time. That album cemented Cash Money and opened the doors for Drake, Nicki Minaj and a lot of other rappers to come in. It also did record numbers, and was universally acclaimed, you can't argue the impact it had on the game for the era it represented - as much as I KNOW you niggas despise Wayne you can't take that from him. Makes no sense to me that C2 would be considered a classic but not Carter 3 SMMFH.

I know how you purists are, you're going to weigh it to Pac and Big and if they're the barometer shit no one stands a chance. But for this newer era, Carter 3 and Lil Wayne helped defined it for better or worse. When it's all said and done Wayne will go down as one of the GOAT like it or not and C3 will be one of the reasons brought up. Go head get mad or respond... I got time aalll day today fam :)

I don't consider C2 a classic, but it's better than C3.

barely a mention of the music in your post but it's a classic. How does that work

Ah man I can't stand when you niggas use these 'new generation' rubbish to defend these wack niggas.

By any measure, the top rappers of before are much better than the ones we have now. That doesn't mean you have to like their music more.

Ah man I can't stand when you niggas use these 'new generation' rubbish to defend these wack niggas.

By any measure, the top rappers of before are much better than the ones we have now. That doesn't mean you have to like their music more.

You can call it rubbish all you want but its truth...

The culture is distinctly different from when I was a teen/early 20s to now as a 32yr old man

A majority of this culture is not for me anymore...and im ok with that. I COULD be a grandad, get off my lawn ass fan and call all of it trash...or take it for what it is...the music they make aint for me...

Now there are some artists who are so dope and talented that they transcend generational barriers and tastes and in some cases act as bridges to the next era. There are a couple of those in every era and you can identify them rather quickly.

Haven't people noticed the biggest pattern ever on the I.C/ABW????

Posters hate on all the rappers that are popular with females and that females heavily listen to like

Eminem
Lil Wayne
Drake
Nicki Minak
50 Cent
Max B
Gucci Mane
2 Chainz
Young Thug
RHQ
Future
Post Malone
Chief Keef
B.o.B
Kid Cudi
Wiz Khalifa
Nelly
Chingy

But stan for and praise all the rappers that females don't listen to that males heavily listen to

Nas
Jay Z
Royce
Rakim
Ice Cube
Scarface
Wu Tang
Black Thought
Busta Rhymes
Outkast
Big Pun
Crooked I
Styles P

The thing is some people really do not party and go to clubs at all so they can't see the impact a Lollipop has in a club and how it locks down the entire club same way they can't see how house music brings a certain vibe and energy and life into a club

People are stuck into what they know this isn't even a diss Cellar but Sion telling it how it is

Haven't people noticed the biggest pattern ever on the I.C/ABW????

Posters hate on all the rappers that are popular with females and that females heavily listen to like

Eminem
Lil Wayne
Drake
Nicki Minak
50 Cent
Max B
Gucci Mane
2 Chainz
Young Thug
RHQ
Future
Post Malone
Chief Keef
B.o.B
Kid Cudi
Wiz Khalifa
Nelly
Chingy

But stan for and praise all the rappers that females don't listen to that males heavily listen to

Nas
Jay Z
Royce
Rakim
Ice Cube
Scarface
Wu Tang
Black Thought
Busta Rhymes
Outkast
Big Pun
Crooked I
Styles P

tumblr_n6iqmlbV9P1saykaxo1_400.gif

Lol Sion stop callin' man a purist I've got nuff new skool shit on my Spotify. The issue I have is when niggas like yourself can't distinguish between what bangs, and what is quality.

You guys took it out of the argument by saying "musically it's trash", therefore there's an opinion based on subjectivity, so if I talked about the music, you'd just dislike the records ANYWAYS hence why I looked at more fundamental elements that also make a classic. 3PEAT, Mr. Carter, You Aint Got Nothing, A Milli, Let The Beat Build, Playing With Fire I could go on and on are phenomenal songs, even the radio joints Mrs. Officer, Lollipop, etc were dope and are classic songs (Static Major is forever tied to it so to diss it means to also diss a great talent).

So which is it Cellar ? Is it Oochie Wally or One Mic ?? We can debate on all fronts. The proof is in the pudding which I posted. You've only deflected and relied on your subjectivity. In other words you have no grounds to stand on to say C3 isn't a classic. It has the music, it has the impact, it has the sales and even the influence/inspiration. It's all there. If you have nothing left to say than to deflect I will casually take my W and walk from this debate....

If you don't like it cool, but you can't take away the work and status Wayne has cemented for himself. He's definitely one of the GOATs of this generation without question.

Bro you're callin' it a classic, that's a high standard. I like a fair bit of C3 it doesn't make it classic

Back