Classic of the day: Mystikal- Here I go

Album version:

I remember my first time hearing this. We were on the bus from the airport to Camp Johnson for Admin school in the fall of 95. My nigga Barnes from NO let me listen to this CD during the ride. He was amazed that I had never heard of the great Mystikal. Been a fan since. Got back to Cali a couple months later and put anyone who'd listen up on Mystikal.

Album version:

I remember my first time hearing this. We were on the bus from the airport to Camp Johnson for Admin school in the fall of 95. My nigga Barnes from NO let me listen to this CD during the ride. He was amazed that I had never heard of the great Mystikal. Been a fan since. Got back to Cali a couple months later and put anyone who'd listen up on Mystikal.

I always wondered at times back when how people got put on to other rappers from different areas.
I was amazed when we had that NO Hip Hop Appreciation Thread on the IC how many non-Louisiana, non- Southern people knew about that kind of music.
Little stories like yours go a long way because not getting put on to him who knows if you would have the same appreciation for the music. And also putting other people on to it.