• Cowboy Bebop

• Death Note

• One Piece

• Naruto

• Berserk

• Monster

• Dragon Ball Z

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just off of impact, yes it should. Cowboy bebop and HxH are for causual fans as well.
The main impact DBZ had was in japan with the technical aspects of storylines and how authors did things. Stuff casuals know nothing about. Sure DBZ helped keep toonami ratings up so old execs eventually added more anime to air on the line up, but thats not enough to call it the GOAT anime.

And all anime is technically open to casual fans. But casual fans (and it sounds like you too) have no idea why Cowboy bebop is regarded as high as it is, they just like they they shoot guns in it.

If we're going to debate "The Goat" of something specific like anime, music or a movie, surely it would make sense to point out specifics that make your pick unique, technically perfect or another category that makes it standout from the rest. If you're just gunna list who sold the most whats the point of even voting, just post the sales chart.

Funny part is, if I made a post that said "The GOAT Female Singer" and I said Brittney Spears, yall not entertaining me even if I point out record sales.

The main impact DBZ had was in japan with the technical aspects of storylines and how authors did things. Stuff casuals know nothing about. Sure DBZ helped keep toonami ratings up so old execs eventually added more anime to air on the line up, but thats not enough to call it the GOAT anime.

And all anime is technically open to casual fans. But casual fans (and it sounds like you too) have no idea why Cowboy bebop is regarded as high as it is, they just like they they shoot guns in it.

If we're going to debate "The Goat" of something specific like anime, music or a movie, surely it would make sense to point out specifics that make your pick unique, technically perfect or another category that makes it standout from the rest. If you're just gunna list who sold the most whats the point of even voting, just post the sales chart.

Funny part is, if I made a post that said "The GOAT Female Singer" and I said Brittney Spears, yall not entertaining me even if I point out record sales.
I hear you but if you put in a search in google for the greatest animes made, DB will be in all of those list. Cowboy bebop was great to and they are on that list as well. Singer and Entertainer are two different things. People would probably put spears high on the entertainment list.

Im not a casual. I read more mangas than I watch Animes. There are many that are not on that list.

Alot of these been passed by more recent series, I can't even consider these the goats anymore. But i guess ill vote for whats presented.

I'd start with Monster cause it's grounded and is the easiest to adapt to live action which imo makes it more digestible and would ease you in so to speak without doing too much. But it's more of a mystery/thriller than action. Plot twist after plot twist.

If you want to get right to the shits and want action then watch the Berserk trilogy.

I'm gonna check these out.

I got the same question for Marvel, where should I start?

All I've seen is the 90s X-Men cartoon, The Dark Knight and Black Panther.

Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
Monster
DBZ

I actually didn't finish Monster, but it was pretty interesting. Warning, it's pretty dark and slow pacing from what I remember. I'm not sure a new anime viewer would enjoy if they don't like a slow drama.

Death Note is amazing. Love how even though there isn't much action, the cat and mouse game is very fun to watch. Cmon, making eating chips suspenseful as hell... only in anime lol
1000006946.gif

DBZ is actually not very good when compared to a lot of really good anime. But it's OG.

Berserk currently reading the manga and this one right here... tops them all, knocking out childhood favorite DBZ and Naruto. Story of incredible, gritty, bloody etc

I'm gonna check these out.

I got the same question for Marvel, where should I start?

All I've seen is the 90s X-Men cartoon, The Dark Knight and Black Panther.

MARVEL MOVIES IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER
Captain America: The First Avenger
Captain Marvel
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
The Avengers
Thor: The Dark World
Iron Man 3
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Captain America: Civil War
Black Widow
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Black Panther
Doctor Strange
Thor: Ragnarok
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Avengers: Infinity War
Avengers: Endgame
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Eternals
Spider-Man: No Way Home
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Thor: Love and Thunder
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
The Marvels

MARVEL MOVIES IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER
Captain America: The First Avenger
Captain Marvel
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
The Avengers
Thor: The Dark World
Iron Man 3
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Captain America: Civil War
Black Widow
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Black Panther
Doctor Strange
Thor: Ragnarok
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Avengers: Infinity War
Avengers: Endgame
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Eternals
Spider-Man: No Way Home
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Thor: Love and Thunder
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
The Marvels

Bet. I should be done with these by 2027.

I hear you but if you put in a search in google for the greatest animes made, DB will be in all of those list. Cowboy bebop was great to and they are on that list as well. Singer and Entertainer are two different things. People would probably put spears high on the entertainment list.

Im not a casual. I read more mangas than I watch Animes. There are many that are not on that list.
I was curious and did that. Looked at a few lists from a few random sites. DBZ would be on the lists, but quite a few anime would be ranked above it in all the lists except 1. The same anime ranked way below it on this list. Looks like most of the people into anime agree with my take.

I was curious and did that. Looked at a few lists from a few random sites. DBZ would be on the lists, but quite a few anime would be ranked above it in all the lists except 1. The same anime ranked way below it on this list. Looks like most of the people into anime agree with my take.
Im not talking about how high it ranks. Im just talking it is in those list with the best of them. The story is basic and writing got weak as the series went on. But it kept people entertained. A lot of animes reference or take from it.

Regardless what better animes come out in the future, DB will always have a place.

Im not talking about how high it ranks. Im just talking it is in those list with the best of them. The story is basic and writing got weak as the series went on. But it kept people entertained. A lot of animes reference or take from it.

Regardless what better animes come out in the future, DB will always have a place.

Bleach and Monster the only 2 series from this list with a season that made the MyAnimeList top 50.

They are the gold standard eventhough they have some issues with Shonen haters

Bleach and Monster the only 2 series from this list with a season that made the MyAnimeList top 50.

They are the gold standard eventhough they have some issues with Shonen haters
That list is a list of animes most watched currently or voted for. They broke them up into seasons. Bleach is on their multiple times. The new bleach

I don't think I'll ever watch Bleach. The pacing is on Inuyasha levels of brutal. Entire episodes of nothing happening.

I'd start with Monster cause it's grounded and is the easiest to adapt to live action which imo makes it more digestible and would ease you in so to speak without doing too much. But it's more of a mystery/thriller than action. Plot twist after plot twist.

If you want to get right to the shits and want action then watch the Berserk trilogy.
Good lookin out

Back