Welcome To aBlackWeb

Chuck D: Nas single handledly dominated a HIPHOP era with consistency

This makes no sense bruh. The average hip hop fan doesnt listen to shit that came out 5 years before their time.

These albums are considered classics by most. Even on the polls on this site.

Bruh, stop it. You have people in this very topic saying that 2 or 3 tracks could stand to be removed from the album. How the hell is that a perfect album? I don't care about your appeal to popularity. I have ears and can hear for myself. 5/5 are supposed to be the best of the best when it comes to albums. I like IWW and Stillmatic, but I'm not putting either one of them on that level.

Bruh, stop it. You have people in this very topic saying that 2 or 3 tracks could stand to be removed from the album. How the hell is that a perfect album? I don't care about your appeal to popularity. I have ears and can hear for myself. 5/5 are supposed to be the best of the best when it comes to albums. I like IWW and Stillmatic, but I'm not putting either one of them on that level.

I'll say this much

Bob Marley released a string of albums on Island records between 1973-1983.

At one point I had all of them on vinyl.

I know so little about Reggae that I'd consider them all classics.

I don't have a broad enough understanding of Reggae to tell you which Bob Marley albums are better than others (although Natty Dread is probably my favorite).

Point being that if somebody didn't know anything about Hip Hop/Rap music, you could tell them to listen to Nas's discography, in the same way you could tell a person that doesn't know anything about Reggae to listen to Bob Marley's discography.

That's my opinion.

I'll say this much

Bob Marley released a string of albums on Island records between 1973-1983.

At one point I had all of them on vinyl.

I know so little about Reggae that I'd consider them all classics.

I don't have a broad enough understanding of Reggae to tell you which Bob Marley albums are better than others (although Natty Dread is probably my favorite).

Point being that if somebody didn't know anything about Hip Hop/Rap music, you could tell them to listen to Nas's discography, in the same way you could tell a person that doesn't know anything about Reggae to listen to Bob Marley's discography.

That's my opinion.

I'm a Nas fan, so I wouldn't argue a point like that. If I could pick one discography to give to a non rap fan as a great representation of Hip Hop, Nas would be one of the people on that list. That doesn't mean that the level of quality was extremely consistent or that all his albums are classics.

@AP21

I am DeathrowZorrow and Chuck D and I had some conversations before but this one I saved.

We always speak about some people opinion does not matter but when someone like Chuck D takes his times and speaks this highly about someone then you know its true.

Last edited:
Back