I mostly agree with this. If I were to give scores, it would be something like:

Illmatic - 5/5
IWW - 4/5
I Am - 3.5/5
Nastradamus - 2.5/5
Stillmatic - 4/5
God's Son - 3.5

Like I said, the quality oscillated.

The issue with rating Nas albums, and this goes for all the greats, is that they always have to compete with their own albums. Nas always has to compete with the greateat rap album of all time and then its like yo why isnt every album you drop the greatest album ever?

I say that to say, its hard to rate Nas albums cause a 3.5 album from Nas would be a 4.5 for anyone else. This goes for other greats, including Jay Z.

Kind of like how Bron can do amazing things in season 17, but since we seen it for 17 years, we dont get amazed by it and rather focus on Giannis doing amazing thing for a 2nd season.

Greats get judged unfairly.

Illmatic - 5/5
IWW - 4/5
I Am - 3.5/5
Nastradamus - 2.5/5
Stillmatic - 4/5
God's Son - 3.5

I got these as

Illmatic - 5/5
IWW - 5/5
I Am - 4/5
Nastradamus - 2.5/5
Stillmatic - 5/5
God's Son - 3.5

Your opinion is your opinion and it aint wrong but I think generally peoples ratings are closer to mine.

Illmatic was a gift and curse for Nas. Gift as in every rapper wants an album that’s appreciated like that in their catalog. As curse as in the fact that now every album he released afterwards got compared to it and shitted on cause they wasn’t Illmatic even tho they were great or good albums(except nastradomus and streets disciple)

and I’m gonna be honest. Illmatic is a classic but I. Like it was written more. That’s my favorite Nas album

If anybody else dropped Nastradamus and Street's Disciple...

I actually like a good amount nastraddamus songs but streets disciple I don’t like at all. Maybe like 5 songs on the whole double disc

Which albums weren’t good in your opinion?

I didn't care for Nastradamus, and you didn't include it, but Street's Disciple was a bloated mess.

That said, I didn't say he had a bunch of albums that aren't good. I said the quality oscillated. That's pretty much exactly what you see with my scoring. The quality started close to perfect moved downward to subpar and then climbed back up.

I got these as

Illmatic - 5/5
IWW - 5/5
I Am - 4/5
Nastradamus - 2.5/5
Stillmatic - 5/5
God's Son - 3.5

Your opinion is your opinion and it aint wrong but I think generally peoples ratings are closer to mine.

The hardcore Nas fans may have ratings closer to yours, but the average Hip Hop fan is not rating IWW or Stillmatic as 5s. Stop it.

Illmatic - 5/5
IWW - 4/5
I Am - 3.5/5
Nastradamus - 2.5/5
Stillmatic - 4/5
God's Son - 3.5

Nah

Illmatic - 5/5
IWW - 5/5
I Am - 3.5/5
Nastradamus - 3.5/5 (Life We Chose, Nastradamus, Project Windows, Come Get Me, Shoot Em Up, Family, God Love Us, New World, You Owe Me. That's 9 great/good songs out of 13.)
Stillmatic - 4.5/5 (Take off tracks 11-13, would've been 5/5)
God's Son - 4.5/5 (Yall niggas bugging)
Lost Tapes - 5/5

Last edited:
And Streets Disciple was 444, 15 years early.

"Son's backward flows, they say mine is very scary
Smell fear like a canine that finds buried babies
And all of y'all wear that same aroma
How to blow on your eighth LP, I'll show ya"

:scust:

"You're wack nigga, face it
In the history of the game, you have no placement
Liquor and weed just massacred their mind, or thee celebrity
Or they couldn't change with time, so now they run they mouth"

:scust::scust:

"But when the sun go south, them comes come out
My cavalry woulda been threw ten in your skin
Casualty you don't want to be, don't want it with me
Straight savage"

:scust::scust::scust:

Last edited:
I didn't care for Nastradamus, and you didn't include it, but Street's Disciple was a bloated mess.

That said, I didn't say he had a bunch of albums that aren't good. I said the quality oscillated. That's pretty much exactly what you see with my scoring. The quality started close to perfect moved downward to subpar and then climbed back up.

The hardcore Nas fans may have ratings closer to yours, but the average Hip Hop fan is not rating IWW or Stillmatic as 5s. Stop it.

It Was Written is accepted as hip hop classic and stillmatic got 5 mics when it dropped and is considered a hip hop classic.

You might have to do your history a bit and go read fan and critic reviews fam. You clearly wrong with how people rated them two albums.

Shit theres a real movement from certain fans that say IWW was better than Illmatic even. Hows it not a 5 mic classic?

There's a movement that says Donald Trump is the greatest president ever. Just because some people band together to say some bizarre shit doesn't make it true or reasonable.

Like I said, everything you're saying maybe true for hardcore Nas fans or people with a strong NY bias, but the average Hip Hop fan is not giving those albums 5s. And if they are then 5s don't mean anything anymore because neither of those albums are perfect or near it, and this is coming from someone who likes both albums very much.

Alot of that perception is from the fact that during his run NY was still the main Hub hiphop. Nas put out alot of bullshit that niggaz swept under the rug as only "rap enthusiast" and "street niggaz" can get it.

Still a top 10 goat tho

There's a movement that says Donald Trump is the greatest president ever. Just because some people band together to say some bizarre shit doesn't make it true or reasonable.

Like I said, everything you're saying maybe true for hardcore Nas fans or people with a strong NY bias, but the average Hip Hop fan is not giving those albums 5s. And if they are then 5s don't mean anything anymore because neither of those albums are perfect or near it, and this is coming from someone who likes both albums very much.

This makes no sense bruh. The average hip hop fan doesnt listen to shit that came out 5 years before their time.

These albums are considered classics by most. Even on the polls on this site.

Nah

Illmatic - 5/5
IWW - 5/5
I Am - 3.5/5
Nastradamus - 3.5/5 (Life We Chose, Nastradamus, Project Windows, Come Get Me, Shoot Em Up, Family, God Love Us, New World, You Owe Me. That's 9 great/good songs out of 13.)
Stillmatic - 4.5/5 (Take off tracks 11-13, would've been 5/5)
God's Son - 4.5/5 (Yall niggas bugging)
Lost Tapes - 5/5

I will admit that Stillmatic fell off at the end.

Hmmm 3 great joints back to back
A slip up
2 more great back to back joints then lost tapes
Etc there been more good quality than not
I like Nas, but he never dominated during any era and his consistency is questionable. He's been a consistently strong lyricist, but the quality of his albums have oscillated a bit.

I can respect that.

Back