Welcome To aBlackWeb

Castor oil

Black 🖤

👑The Fall Off👑
Everybody's always talkin bout how good this stuff is, but no one ever talks about how it smells.

20180205_130403.jpg
:scust1:This mess smells like old, burnt cooking and motor oil. Not likable at all. I didn't smell it before I rubbed it in my hair. Just ugh.:scust:

Everybody's always talkin bout how good this stuff is, but no one ever talks about how it smells.

View attachment 26464
:scust1:This mess smells like old, burnt cooking and motor oil. Not likable at all. I didn't smell it before I rubbed it in my hair. Just ugh.:scust:
I've always thought this. I think I subconsciously questioned it's effectiveness because of this lol

dilute a couple drops of lavender into it

Thx yall bc I was wondering how nobody else was thinkin how I was thinkin.

I just smelled it again. Lmao man this smell is awful.

Thx yall bc I was wondering how nobody else was thinkin how I was thinkin.

I just smelled it again. Lmao man this smell is awful.
yeah it was doing something good for my edges but I felt musty when I put it on. nature, y u do dis?

Shea Moisture or a dif brand?
you can get regular rosemary from the grocery store, tear it apart and put it in a jar full of castor oil. leave it for a few days and it'll smell of rosemary. I did that with olive oil and it was amazing in food plus on the body.

So castor oil isn't a sealant right? Should one still use an oil with this one for sealing the moisture?

That's all?
that's all I used to use it for lol

what I do know is coconut oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil and extra virgin olive oil are the only ones to actually penetrate the hair shaft. things like shea butter are good for sealing and humectants like aloe vera gel or honey can help with making treatments extra moisturizing. but I'd classify castor oil as a carrier oil or a sealing oil simply because it doesn't penetrate the shaft. it's famed for helping grow back bald spots lol

that's all I used to use it for lol

what I do know is coconut oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil and extra virgin olive oil are the only ones to actually penetrate the hair shaft. things like shea butter are good for sealing and humectants like aloe vera gel or honey can help with making treatments extra moisturizing. but I'd classify castor oil as a carrier oil or a sealing oil simply because it doesn't penetrate the shaft. it's famed for helping grow back bald spots lol

Coconut oil is actually a sealant.

Let me not use castor oil then, lmfao! I don't want any more hair on my head. I just need something to tame and moisturize it.

Coconut oil is actually a sealant.

Let me not use castor oil then, lmfao! I don't want any more hair on my head. I just need something to tame and moisturize it.
nah, it can be used as a sealant because it's so heavy esp when solid but it's one of few oils to penetrate the hair shaft so it's defining feature is moisturizing. the others can help condition but they're mostly doing surface shit or acting in tandem with other oils.

try avocado oil if you haven't already. it's a light moisturizing one.

nah, it can be used as a sealant because it's so heavy esp when solid but it's one of few oils to penetrate the hair shaft so it's defining feature is moisturizing. the others can help condition but they're mostly doing surface shit or acting in tandem with other oils.

try avocado oil if you haven't already. it's a light moisturizing one.

Damn so wait...
When I use the coconut oil my scalp be dry as hell, my hair too. It never feels like I put anything in my hair. So do I just use the avocado oil by itself? Help me... Lmao.

I used to use it damn near everyday, but i havent in months. Might have to crack the bottle back open.

Back