Welcome To aBlackWeb

BRITTNEY GRINER IS NOW FREE!!!!!!

yep and I hate that they use the WNBA as an example of the gender pay gap

cuz it just undermines the overall argument

there are a few legit cases where women get unfair pay......for instance in soccer or even tennis because the play/viewership is comparable

but when u use disingenuous talking points it just makes people not want to take it seriously

Relevant

I’m not a big tennis person but the women and mens game are very similar so I figure that sport gets more eyes than other womens sports

Sorry to squash you but the womens national team negotiated their own contract and thought their cut was bigger the way they negotiated it.

so it was their fault.

and viewership for mens tennis is higher unless it’s the true stars of the women side

that's pretty much the premise of why anyone watches professional sports tho

people watch because of the stars

so yeah it make sense that pay should be equitable in tennis vs basketball

It’s no metric y’all can argue why the WNBA should be paid more.

not one.
It boggles the mind…

As far as viewership/ratings, profitability, overall product, feasibility….

Nobody can explain why WNBA players should get paid more.

They just should… And that’s that.

Don’t make any sense.

And I ain’t the type to go around disrespecting that league like that.

I ain’t familiar with the teams or the players and I don’t watch it.

But, I ain’t gonna make disparaging remarks about the game, the players or the fans.

It just seems crazy how people say they should get paid more, but can’t explain why or how.

It boggles the mind…

As far as viewership/ratings, profitability, overall product, feasibility….

Nobody can explain why WNBA players should get paid more.

They just should… And that’s that.

Don’t make any sense.

And I ain’t the type to go around disrespecting that league like that.

I ain’t familiar with the teams or the players and I don’t watch it.

But, I ain’t gonna make disparaging remarks about the game, the players or the fans.

It just seems crazy how people say they should get paid more, but can’t explain why or how.
I think the wnba players having the nba in their faces all the time, the wages always being announced, the lifestyle and notoriety that the men enjoy, just feel for some reason that they should have the same. We know they absolutely should not pero, I think if the women actually compared themselves to females from other sports, leagues, Countries...

They'd see they're actually at a position many women around the world would kill to be in.

I just watched the Jamaica netball team buss Australias ass in the commonwealth games(it's kinda a big deal cause the Aussies are the world number 1 plus they have 1st world backing) and after winning that game the chick was there begging for sponsorships.

Starts about 1:23
Now I'm not saying all this to say the wnba women shouldn't fight for better conditions etc, they absolutely should, they just need to get it out their head they're not the nba.

When it comes to the pay issue is or has any wnba player actually argued that they should be paid like NBA players? Or just that they should get more in general? Because those are two vastly different things.

I don't think she would have gotten 9 years here. But that's neither here nor there.

I'm pretty much just trying to figure out what it is your consistently being combative with niggas in the thread about.

You're all over the place.

It's like your just determined to be opposed to niggas but you're not even sure what about. Just as long as you're on the other side of niggas in the thread.

I dunno maybe it's just me.

"riight"...........................it ain't

When it comes to the pay issue is or has any wnba player actually argued that they should be paid like NBA players? Or just that they should get more in general? Because those are two vastly different things.

Yeah, I forgot which player it was but she stated the same thing.

I don't think that really changes the calculus though. The WNBA is still deep in the red, right? The NBA brings in like 10 billion a year (8 billion from game-related stuff) so players can demand a bigger piece of the pie as what's left is still more than enough to keep the league operational.

The WNBA is bringing in like 70 million in revenue but it's in the red profit-wise and is losing 10 million a year, leading it to be subsidized by the NBA (if what Silver stated is still true, I don't know). So if that's the case, there isn't any extra money to go around for these folk.

I'm saying, if they gave us "Showtime at the Forum" level of plays then folks would be willing to watch. Where's the no-look passes? Wheres the Pistol Pete/ Dr J/ Magic Johnson style of players? Who's leaving 'em on the floor like Iverson or Kobe??? Who's able to play multiple positions with skill like Jordan??? They don't have that and because of it they don't have viewers 'cause the shit is fuckin' boring.

Not to bring this ish back up or derail the topic..

I watch and support the WNBA and its not to the extreme you make it out to be. If you aren't a fan you aren't a fan in general. Which is cool... i know there's nigs that watch and don't watch NASAR car and golf and there's no point you(not saying you) could make that would make me watch that ish either

But the girl baller today is not the same as 10 years ago or even 20 years ago...they have gotten faster, better dribblers and better shooters no they aren't dunking more but a couple more women are..not like that matters. I know there is a,YouTube clip of this wht chick in H.S. dunking and she ain't tall like that..

Not to bring this ish back up or derail the topic..

I watch and support the WNBA and its not to the extreme you make it out to be. If you aren't a fan you aren't a fan in general. Which is cool... i know there's nigs that watch and don't watch NASAR car and golf and there's no point you(not saying you) could make that would make me watch that ish either

But the girl baller today is not the same as 10 years ago or even 20 years ago...they have gotten faster, better dribblers and better shooters no they aren't dunking more but a couple more women are..not like that matters. I know there is a,YouTube clip of this wht chick in H.S. dunking and she ain't tall like that..

bruh, I've watched Aces games in just the last few years... Well, I started to, can't make it past the first quarter, shits a snoozefest. I didn't write that for no reason, I've seen more recent games and the shits just boring.

bruh, I've watched Aces games in just the last few years... Well, I started to, can't make it past the first quarter, shits a snoozefest. I didn't write that for no reason, I've seen more recent games and the shits just boring.

As I said if u ain't a fan, u ain't a fan which is cool. Aces are one of the most entertaining teams to watch (kelesy Plum, Chelsa Grey and A'Ja Wilson be balling. IMO). I watch enough to know it's not to the extreme u make it out to be .

As I said if u ain't a fan u ain't a fan. Aces are one of the most entertaining teams to watch (kelesy Plum, Chelsa Grey and A'Ja Wilson be balling. IMO). I watch enough to know it's not to the extreme u make it out to be .
What’s the reason you watch the WNBA? Legit question.

Back