Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Breaking: High School Shooting in Arlington Texas

Tough case, but yeah, if they were terrorizing that kid and he responded that way, I understand. I'm not saying shooting is right, but it seems to me an adult should have stepped in at some point. I also don't want to hear the parents whining about how they told the school and the school didn't do anything. How is your child getting bullied, stripped, and robbed and you're just sitting there waiting for the school to do something? I hope they didn't find out about that stuff until after the fact and I hope them being "rich" is an exaggeration. Because if they knew all that was happening and also have the resources to find an alternative but still let it get to the point where he felt he had to shoot people, that's just fucked up.

WTH is "high risk activity"?

What narrative, if any, are they trying to push?

I hope they aren't trying to somehow absolve the bullies and school, if the bullying angle is to be believed, of any wrongdoing or rsponsibility.

I'm not at all suggesting that the shooter was justified, even if bullying was involved, but don't try to make him out to be something he's not in an attempt to cover up any lack of discipline of the bully(ies) by school authorities.

WTH is "high risk activity"?

What narrative, if any, are they trying to push?

I hope they aren't trying to somehow absolve the bullies and school, if the bullying angle is to be believed, of any wrongdoing or rsponsibility.

I'm not at all suggesting that the shooter was justified, even if bullying was involved, but don't try to make him out to be something he's not in an attempt to cover up any lack of discipline of the bully(ies) by school authorities.

They said high risk but didn’t say illegal or criminal…they skirting the line which tells me they know something specific

They said high risk but didn’t say illegal or criminal…they skirting the line which tells me they know something specific
I'm not suggesting illegal or criminal either when I ask what high risk means

But I know for sure there's implication in that loaded phrase...I just want to know what and why

I'm not suggesting illegal or criminal either when I ask what high risk means

But I know for sure there's implication in that loaded phrase...I just want to know what and why

I agree with you, but this is a curious case. I can't figure whether it's the police being tricky, the parents of the shooter, or both. This one of them cases where you gotta be careful rushing to judgement.

I agree with you, but this is a curious case. I can't figure whether it's the police being tricky, the parents of the shooter, or both. This one of them cases where you gotta be careful rushing to judgement.
I agree with you as well and never once did I try to imply the shooter is an innocent victim but this is why I questioned the use of that particular phrase. It's loaded af and I want to know specifics...don't just throw out an implication like that. It's done to Black people, especially Black boys and men, by "authorities" when they've ignored any previous attempts at resolution/accountability...they tend to somehow try to pin culpability on the "victim" as a way to minimize, justify or completely absolve themselves and the "perpetrators" of any wrongdoing or accountability. "Oh he was aggresive with another student at the school 6 months ago"...or "he had detention 3 times last year b/c of his behavioral issues" or brodcast an IG pic of him with his middle finger up and a scowl on his face...ya know, that kind of shit.

Back