Welcome To aBlackWeb

Boosie: The South Ranks Me Higher Than Jay-Z

From the outside looking in, besides Southern artist, they loved west coast rap
I had a theory too it seemed like in the 90s part of why West Coast blew up was it not being NY style especially when it came to clothes. VA is on the east coast so NY had a large influence. But it seemed like South and Midwest found it more relatable. Midwest is like a combination region so I can see how they took from East and West.

Aint hate. Alot of its just unrelatable to other regions. I didnt indugle in alot of up north rap outside the obvious heavyweights until I got older.

South, West and Midwest rap just kinda flows rogether even tho their different.

Last edited:
I had a theory too it seemed like in the 90s part of why West Coast blew up was it not being NY style especially when it came to clothes. VA is on the east coast so NY had a large influence. But it seemed like South and Midwest found it more relatable. Midwest is like a combination region so I can see how they took from East and West.

Yeah even when I moved to DC in 93, I heard more Doggstyle and the Chronic, than 36 Chambers or Illmatic.

According to Billboard Top 200 chart, #Boosie’s new album “First Day Back” didn’t sell enough to crack the Top 200 list. Boosie is said to have sold around 500 copies first week.

No way did the South allow this to happen, how y'all do yall mans like this?....Hopefully this joint picks up some steam

He ain't wrong. I wouldn't rank Boosie above Jay but a good chunk of the south would prefer listening to Boosie.

Its Mainly because the south doesn't like that new york/east/boom bap sound/beats.

I remember trying to explain this back in highschool to someone who was from NY and why ppl was listening to Gucci. Told him this aint NY. They ain't gon listen to no boom bap. And most can't relate to NY.

lol jay hasn’t rapped over a boom bap beat in 30 years

Don't put everyone in a pot

Boosie undeniably has some HITS that get played all the time and there are some dudes that will argue you up and down he is better than Jay

Don't listen to THOSE niggas
Don't invalidate their opinion.
By “The South”, they must mean DEEP South, like all the East Bumblefucks in Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia, Arkansas, and Florida.

I don’t take them hillbilly miggas seriously AT ALL.
Nigga, you grill with foil:ghost:

Back