Welcome To aBlackWeb

Boosie: The South Ranks Me Higher Than Jay-Z

Yeah its a true statement. Not sure if it's still the case but i remember from 2008-2015 i remember you couldn't talk bad about Boosie from Mobile, AL thru Biloxi, MS.

Niggas would cut you about Boosie in them parts back in the day

Back in a G there was this down south website, nigga shyt got hectic when Boosie got disrespected or they said he was guilty.

He ain't wrong. I wouldn't rank Boosie above Jay but a good chunk of the south would prefer listening to Boosie.

Its Mainly because the south doesn't like that new york/east/boom bap sound/beats.

I remember trying to explain this back in highschool to someone who was from NY and why ppl was listening to Gucci. Told him this aint NY. They ain't gon listen to no boom bap. And most can't relate to NY.

He ain't wrong. I wouldn't rank Boosie above Jay but a good chunk of the south would prefer listening to Boosie.

Its Mainly because the south doesn't like that new york/east/boom bap sound/beats.

I remember trying to explain this back in highschool to someone who was from NY and why ppl was listening to Gucci. Told him this aint NY. They ain't gon listen to no boom bap. And most can't relate to NY.
Every up north cat who moved down here during school had to have this talk over here.

This is a major accomplishment for Boosie I guess... Dont think this really matters to a mofo who is more popular around the world. Picture Jay punching the air while touring in Europe because Lil Boosie is more popular than him in the southern U.S. Jay done toured the south and the world selling out shows since 99 I really dont see the point. Boosie should be more popular in his own region...lol

Last edited:
Back