OUT NOW Black Myth: Wukong

Added to Calendar: 08-20-24

Well based on what I’ve seen I can see people having issues with:

Game being too easy
Too linear
No block/parry button
Half baked in some technical areas
No map

Like if you’re coming from playing Elden Ring or another souls like you might feel like this ain’t it

Game isn’t bad though I just think the hype doesn’t meet the finished product

I liken this game to stellar blade a lil bit
Well that's disappointing. I've been waiting to play this, even avoided videos of it on Youtube

Well that's disappointing. I've been waiting to play this, even avoided videos of it on Youtube
not shitting on it but you was going to blindly buy this? Like haven’t watched reviews?

Also don’t let me deter you man you could have a blast with this for all you know

not shitting on it but you was going to blindly buy this? Like haven’t watched reviews?

Also don’t let me deter you man you could have a blast with this for all you know
Buy it?! Oh no no no. I don't buy games anymore.
Besides reviews are trash most of the time anyway, usually always someone getting paid or has a agenda.
I did see videos about the controversy surrounding it.

I was gonna download it on PC or get it on gamepass, but the "too linear" part bugs me.

Buy it?! Oh no no no. I don't buy games anymore.
Besides reviews are trash most of the time anyway, usually always someone getting paid or has a agenda.
I did see videos about the controversy surrounding it.

I was gonna download it on PC or get it on gamepass, but the "too linear" part bugs me.
lol ohh okay

Yeah it has invisible walls that keep you confined and it has less verticality and climbing than one might imagine

It’s still a decent game though

damn I was considering coppin this after @Chi-Town B brought it to my attention but i'll wait after looking at some reviews. Aint played a decent game or even booted up the ps5 in a while

Last edited:
Being a boss rush game, regular enemies look weak as ass. I ain’t into 1 hitting everything up to a boss, need some sort of skill progression.

Having easy regular enemies makes you slack in boss play.

Game being linear isn't an issue imo
Easy is somewhat subjective.

My brother lives and breathes Souls like games and he was getting his ass handed to him In chapter 1

Most open world games are so big that it becomes a chore to do everything.

My biggest gripe are the invisible walls and technical/ performance issues.

I'm still in chapter 1, that white clad noble nigga was the worst the key to beating his 2nd phase is using the stand on pole stance or whatever it's called. He can't hit you then you hit him with a heavy attack then it's a fairly easy kill.

That big blue head baby looking nigga DO NOT fight him until you get your strength up. He's shown early but come back and fight him after you get your gourd upgraded then also upgrade your stamina then he can be beat

I'm still in chapter 1 I found a secret boss he's a golden version of the blue baby looking dude after I beat him I have to go fight the tiger

Wondering Wight was a pain in the ass. Nigga had me farming early..lol. He’s not too bad if you charge Focus, run in release then back up. I beat him before I got the goard and thought I missed out on getting his spirit which is one of the best in the game imo. As a hardcore fan of “souls” games, I don’t get some of the criticisms. It feels/plays more like Sekiro which isn’t bad. Most of the bosses haven’t been too difficult so far, but there were 3 on chapter 4 that made me want to throw my controller.

Back