Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black couple thrown out of restaurant for wearing sneakers

Black people... we can't just wear sweatsuits everywhere.

The sneakers probably wouldn't have been an issue if he was wearing an "I'm a grown-up going out to dinner" outfit.

You can thumbs down all you want but I'm not letting you eat dinner in my restaurant in workout clothes. I'm an asshole like that I guess.

Let's put it this way... would you go to work dressed like how dude was dressed? There are different outfits for different occasions.

And for the record I don't go to places with dress codes since they're usually racistly enforced. One time I was trying to see Wu Tang at the limelight back in the 90s and they wouldn't let me in because I had sneakers on. I stood outside and saw ODB crack a bouncer on the head with a 40 bottle because he was on the same shit with one of his friends. That shit was glorious.

So yeah... fuck a dress code but also don't try to go out to a fancy dinner on date night wearing sweatpants. Both of these things can be true.

You can thumbs down all you want but I'm not letting you eat dinner in my restaurant in workout clothes. I'm an asshole like that I guess.
That's a lie. He wasn't wearing workout clothes. You're being dishonest to justify a brother being discriminated against smh

Let's put it this way... would you go to work dressed like how dude was dressed? There are different outfits for different occasions.

And for the record I don't go to places with dress codes since they're usually racistly enforced. One time I was trying to see Wu Tang at the limelight back in the 90s and they wouldn't let me in because I had sneakers on. I stood outside and saw ODB crack a bouncer on the head with a 40 bottle because he was on the same shit with one of his friends. That shit was glorious.

So yeah... fuck a dress code but also don't try to go out to a fancy dinner on date night wearing sweatpants. Both of these things can be true.
He wasn’t wearing a sweatsuit.

That's a lie. He wasn't wearing workout clothes. You're being dishonest to justify a brother being discriminated against smh

He was wearing a sweatsuit. Where is the lie?

I would never try to justify a brother getting discriminated against for being black. Nothing about my character or history supports that. Dude was not wearing clothes suitable for a formal restaurant. That is a fact.

One time when I was younger I went to a place for a work dinner and they had to give me a loaner jacket because I had on a collar shirt but no jacket. That shit was kinda embarrassing and humbling but I learned my lesson about and I learned how to move accordingly in certain spaces.

Does this restaurant not admit black people at all? Do they admit white people wearing sweatsuits? I know the convo is about the sneakers but my whole point is I don't think it was about the sneakers... dude was wearing a sweatsuit to a formal dining establishment.

Let me try to wear that same outfit to church and then you might get my point.

He was wearing a sweatsuit. Where is the lie?

I would never try to justify a brother getting discriminated against for being black. Nothing about my character or history supports that. Dude was not wearing clothes suitable for a formal restaurant. That is a fact.

One time when I was younger I went to a place for a work dinner and they had to give me a loaner jacket because I had on a collar shirt but no jacket. That shit was kinda embarrassing and humbling but I learned my lesson about and I learned how to move accordingly in certain spaces.

Does this restaurant not admit black people at all? Do they admit white people wearing sweatsuits? I know the convo is about the sneakers but my whole point is I don't think it was about the sneakers... dude was wearing a sweatsuit to a formal dining establishment.

Let me try to wear that same outfit to church and then you might get my point.

did I miss something? They didn't allow them to be seated because their so called rule was about sneakers... not sweatsuits or collared shirts..... They made a point about the sneakers...

The point of contention was that there was a white lady in there being served while in sneakers while they were being denied for.... having on sneakers......

did I miss something? They didn't allow them to be seated because their so called rule was about sneakers... not sweatsuits or collared shirts..... They made a point about the sneakers...

The point of contention was that there was a white lady in there being served while in sneakers while they were being denied for.... having on sneakers......

That's why I adressed the sneakers and the inherent racism of dress code policies. The sneakers thing was bullshit but I'm pretty sure dude could have worn some sneakers there if he was dressed for dinner. Maybe I'm wrong about that but guy was clearly not wearing anything close to formal dinner clothes as far as I could see.

And let me state again, for the record, dress codes are bullshit and usually enforced in a racist manner and that is probably the case here but also don't wear sweatpants to dinner shouldn't be that controversial to say.

(Is this what @dos patos feels like?)

That's why I adressed the sneakers and the inherent racism of dress code policies. The sneakers thing was bullshit but I'm pretty sure dude could have worn some sneakers there if he was dressed for dinner. Maybe I'm wrong about that but guy was clearly not wearing anything close to formal dinner clothes as far as I could see.

And let me state again, for the record, dress codes are bullshit and usually enforced in a racist manner and that is probably the case here but also don't wear sweatpants to dinner shouldn't be that controversial to say.

(Is this what @dos patos feels like?)

The white lady with the sneakers on wasnt dressed formally either.. thats the whole point. Hell the fuckin "owner" had on a t-shirt, jeans and some j's his damn self... lol

So from that small sample size... the white owner obviously can ignore the so called dress code... the white lady apparently can be allowed to ignore the dress code.. but the black guy is wrong and singled out and not allowed to be served because of "the rules" that are clearly not being followed by the white people in that establishment?

I guess I understand your "dont give them a reason" standpoint but its still some bullshit... Jussayin

The white lady with the sneakers on wasnt dressed formally either.. thats the whole point. Hell the fuckin "owner" had on a t-shirt, jeans and some j's his damn self... lol

So from that small sample size... the white owner obviously can ignore the so called dress code... the white lady apparently can be allowed to ignore the dress code.. but the black guy is wrong and singled out and not allowed to be served because of "the rules" that are clearly not being followed by the white people in that establishment?

I guess I understand your "dont give them a reason" standpoint but its still some bullshit... Jussayin

It's bullshit for real. I guess my point is for this particular case of racism in 2020... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OK so I just actually watched more of the video. Dude that came out and said no sneakers was wearing a tshirt and some fucking sneakers.

Yeah fuck this place.

Back