Welcome To aBlackWeb

Birdman Thinks Nicki Changed Rap For Women

You crazy. The most successful female rapper OAT and has had more longevity out of all of them. Brought the spotlight back to female rap at a time when mainstream wasn't paying any attention to that sub-genre at all. She the reason they made or brought back the Best Female Rapper at mad awards shows.
she came in at a time when there were little to no female rappers in the mainstream. She's talented, I'll give her that but it's easy to be the fastest car in a race when you're the only racer. That's evident from how she's had issues with most female rappers that have gotten big since she's been on the scene. comes off as insecure at the very least.

From Birdman's perspective I 100% understand that... Cuz the journey he faced with her was prolly a lot different than what he saw in the game previously...

But to overall fans of the game.... We feel she picked up where Kim left off

From Birdman's perspective I 100% understand that... Cuz the journey he faced with her was prolly a lot different than what he saw in the game previously...

But to overall fans of the game.... We feel she picked up where Kim left off
Kim Trina eve shorty didn't do anything crazy imo

she came in at a time when there were little to no female rappers in the mainstream. She's talented, I'll give her that but it's easy to be the fastest car in a race when you're the only racer. That's evident from how she's had issues with most female rappers that have gotten big since she's been on the scene. comes off as insecure at the very least.
Haha there were no female rappers in the mainstream because no one gave a fuck about them until she came. She put on and is one of the biggest rappers of her era, period. No other female rapper was amongst the biggest rappers out at any given time. Kim was big, but there were always 10-15 rappers out who were bigger. Same with Eve and them. Maybe Cardi can be but she's only 1 album deep (I think). A few hits ain't gonna do it, ask Iggy.

Haha there were no female rappers in the mainstream because no one gave a fuck about them until she came.

That's complete bullshit.

Was there like a 2-3 year down period from Missy/Eve to Nicki. Yes.

But there was numerous mainstream female rappers before Nicki.

Then you try to downplay Kim's big influence on Nicki. Really?

nicki-minaj-vs-lil-kim-1407245550-view-0.jpg

:sayword:

Nicki not the first female rapper... Not the first successful one... Not the best. Her biggest claim to fame in rap is her Monster verse. No classic albums or singles.

She DID change the game for women.

.....by proving a fake ass shaped like the letter P is the ticket to stardom.

She'd probably making less tour money than Jean Grae otherwise.

That's complete bullshit.

Was there like a 2-3 year down period from Missy/Eve to Nicki. Yes.

But there was numerous mainstream female rappers before Nicki.

Then you try to downplay Kim's big influence on Nicki. Really?

nicki-minaj-vs-lil-kim-1407245550-view-0.jpg

:sayword:
I'm talking about at the time. The last female rap album to go platinum before Nicki in 2011 was prob Missy in 2003. Female rap was dead. Bernie Mac levels of dead. If she ain't come out, it would've stayed that way for much longer.

Back