Welcome To aBlackWeb

Birdman Thinks Nicki Changed Rap For Women

Whether she did or not, thats his artist what is he supposed to say?

He aint gonna be like "what that got to do with me" lol

what she do that wasn't done before her
You crazy. The most successful female rapper OAT and has had more longevity out of all of them. Brought the spotlight back to female rap at a time when mainstream wasn't paying any attention to that sub-genre at all. She the reason they made or brought back the Best Female Rapper at mad awards shows.

Nicky is one of them artists that's tough for me to rate. The girl might be one of the best technical female rappers of all time. Far as how she sounds on a microphone, she is one of the illest (sometimes those funny voices can be too much).

However, her topic range is nonexistent, she comes off like a really shitty person (yes I take that into consideration when it comes to music),
Her music does not do anything innovative to draw me in anymore. If ima listen to you for a whole album. I either need to be entertained by some different shit, bars or know that you have a interesting story that u gonna tell thru your music.

All that said. Cant take nothing from what she done in the game. She a hip hop legend and the story of hip hop can not be told without mentioning the female rapper that damn nearly ran a whole decade with little competition.

Kim would get smashed by Nicki ina versus battle too. And I'll give anyone the work in a samples battle too while we at it.

Outside of missy, Lauren and maybe eve. Noone seeing nicky in a versus battle. Too much music she can pick from. Maybe some older heads can come up w some older female rappers..but 1995+, there ain't too many seeing her

Nicky is one of them artists that's tough for me to rate. The girl might be one of the best technical female rappers of all time. Far as how she sounds on a microphone, she is one of the illest (sometimes those funny voices can be too much).

However, her topic range is nonexistent, she comes off like a really shitty person (yes I take that into consideration when it comes to music),
Her music does not do anything innovative to draw me in anymore. If ima listen to you for a whole album. I either need to be entertained by some different shit, bars or know that you have a interesting story that u gonna tell thru your music.

All that said. Cant take nothing from what she done in the game. She a hip hop legend and the story of hip hop can not be told without mentioning the female rapper that damn nearly ran a whole decade with little competition.
She's talented af technically, but the problem might be her lacking creative direction. That's why a lot of her best stuff is features. If someone else has a concept laid out she'll rock it. But on her own stuff, it's like she dunno wtf to talk about half the time. She seems like the type too stubborn to have a real executive producer guide an album.

Ahh Nigerian news network, you almost got me!

giphy.webp

You crazy. The most successful female rapper OAT and has had more longevity out of all of them. Brought the spotlight back to female rap at a time when mainstream wasn't paying any attention to that sub-genre at all. She the reason they made or brought back the Best Female Rapper at mad awards shows.
She has more exposure than the ones before her so that would contribute to her success. Other than that I don't see what she did that others haven't. But that's me

Nicki has had her moments I can’t front on that... but nothin she did to me was anymore groundbreaking then what Kim did. The age we live in allowed her to get more exposure & she was definitely more excepted by the mainstream (white people) than Kim... but she definitely contributed to the crabs in the bucket mentality that is female rappers.

Back