Welcome To aBlackWeb

Bill Maher Uses "N" Word On His Show

Being cool with whites using nigga is coon shit anyway you try to flip it
Where did ap say that tho? From what I read he was just point out the hypocrisy of being cool with black people using it and not being cool with anybody else using it.

If it's offensive in one breath, it's most likely offensive in all others. You could argue that context matters, but I'm still not cool with using a word that comes from a horrible word. Nigga is a like a poisoned leaf that comes from a tree of cyanide rooted in soil made of hate. I can't believe we cosign/tolerate something like "Niggas gonna nig" or simply "niggas" when a black person does something wrong or bad, from a black person but the moment anybody else says it, it's ww3.

if i wasnt aware of the trap, i would be legit upset that people are in here trying to pretend they are upset that a white man referred to himself as a nigga
aint nobody pretending. saying its the same as when a black person says it is disingenuous
You could argue that context matters, but I'm still not cool with using a word that comes from a horrible word.
There's a difference between simply saying "nobody should use it" (which is a fair stance to have) n saying "it's the same thing". divorcing context from it completely, is tonedeaf.

watch him issue some insincere apology n still have a job.

paula deen's book sales BOOMED after her n word usage controversy.
Bill Maher actually likes black people. He dates black, votes black, speaks on black issues and rips on often white politicians for ignoring those issues. Did he get too comfortable? Yes.

But Paula Dean said something to the effect of getting niggas to dance on stage like they're supposed to for one of her events.

Context remember. She was being historical and socially insensitive and while Maher was too, he was at least trying to be funny and called himself a nigga, not real life black people working for him like Paula did.

So yea, her situation was worse and yea she shoulda get ripped as hard as she did. Maher will actually tale something away from this (cause he does value black peoples opinion) and hopefully he'll stay in his lane. Paula just proved black people are inferior to her. There's no coming back from that.

if you know Bill Maher, then you shouldnt have been taken offense to this

but again, if you outraged by a white person say, be outraged when someone black says it

Maaaaaaaaaaan that sound like some bullshit. White people and the word nigger has a whole different history and context from when we use it. Not even the same.

Last edited:
Fuck bill Maher just because he is liberal does not mean he isn't racist he knows the rules just cuz you fuck black people and vote for them and know our issues does not make you one of us. C'mon now

Not bothered or outraged I actually laughed. Trump is repealing the drug laws not one word said. This CAC said nigga Trump trying to kill niggas.

Co-fucking-sign.

Where's this same outrage from these internet activist when this DOJ trying to give 20 to life for smelling like weed or easier for cops to harass and kill blacks folks w/ little to no consequence.

But if it's a Pepsi commercial or Bill Maher all of a sudden their inner MLK shows up.

:tuh:

Bill Maher actually likes black people. He dates black, votes black, speaks on black issues and rips on often white politicians for ignoring those issues. Did he get too comfortable? Yes.

But Paula Dean said something to the effect of getting niggas to dance on stage like they're supposed to for one of her events.

Context remember. She was being historical and socially insensitive and while Maher was too, he was at least trying to be funny and called himself a nigga, not real life black people working for him like Paula did.

So yea, her situation was worse and yea she shoulda get ripped as hard as she did. Maher will actually tale something away from this (cause he does value black peoples opinion) and hopefully he'll stay in his lane. Paula just proved black people are inferior to her. There's no coming back from that.
this 100%...

i don't care how cool of a white person you are...making a manual labor joke saying
"ise jussa house nigger"
(that's EXACTLY HOW I HEARD IT)

you getting the:bruh1:look,

and prolly the hands if you ain't in immediate humbled and apologetic mode....

dude was waaaaayyyyyyy too comfortable...i dont like that shit coming from a white dude at all.....

i think it's cool that most feel the same way, cuz i was completely prepared to be in the wrong here.....that shit would absolutely rub me the wrong way and i' definitely speak up on it too.....

this 100%...

i don't care how cool of a white person you are...making a manual labor joke saying
"ise jussa house nigger"

dude was waaaaayyyyyyy too comfortable...i dont like that shit coming from a white dude at all.....

i think it's cool that most feel the same way, cuz i was completely prepared to be in the wrong here.....that shit would absolutely rub me the wrong way and i' definitely speak up on it too.....

this 100%...

"ise jussa house nigger"

it rolled off his tongue like he thought it was the same as a black person saying it.

white people who chill with black people do not get a pass. @EleanorDeWitt is right that it isn't the same as Paula Deen n i doubt its coming from a place of hate but it's still extremely inappropriate. too comfortable is exactly it.

it rolled off his tongue like he thought it was the same as a black person saying it.

white people who chill with black people do not get a pass. @EleanorDeWitt is right that it isn't the same as Paula Deen n i doubt its coming from a place of hate but it's still extremely inappropriate. too comfortable is exactly it.
thing is that joke is so specific and crude....many black people would miss the humor behind it off the jump REGARDLESS of who it was coming from....

i wouldn't even make a joke like that on tv....i'm just not that comfortable blurting nigga or nigger out there to the world....in that fashion...

house nigger vs field nigger mentality is it's own debate amongst the black community.....and as i just said a few lines ago...many black people don't even understand the dynamics behind it.....so to just throw that joke out there like that is bold as fuck in and of itself......but on top of that...it's a white dude making the joke???in front of a white interviewer/crowd??

upload_2017-6-6_9-57-13.png

Co-fucking-sign.

Where's this same outrage from these internet activist when this DOJ trying to give 20 to life for smelling like weed or easier for cops to harass and kill blacks folks w/ little to no consequence.

But if it's a Pepsi commercial or Bill Maher all of a sudden their inner MLK shows up.

:tuh:

People been outraged since November what are y'all missing?

I'm not saying he was right, I'm saying his intentions weren't malicious. It was stupid to say regardless but in the case of him calling himself a nigga versus her calling black people niggers, i don't think the two are the same. Are they both wrong? Yes. But I wouldn't compare him to her. Personally.

I'm not saying he was right, I'm saying his intentions weren't malicious. It was stupid to say regardless but in the case of him calling himself a nigga versus her calling black people niggers, i don't think the two are the same. Are they both wrong? Yes. But I wouldn't compare him to her. Personally.
the exchange in that video just read wrong to me. it was one big slavery joke. a white dude telling another white dude he can come over and pick some cotton, that was a slavery joke. white dude responding n saying he's a house nigger, that was just further escalation to already inappropriate joking.

I agreed that it isn't the same as Paula Deen but the whole exchange was in extremely bad taste.

the exchange in that video just read wrong to me. it was one big slavery joke. a white dude telling another white dude he can come over and pick some cotton, that was a slavery joke. white dude responding n saying he's a house nigger, that was just further escalation to already inappropriate joking.

I agreed that it isn't the same as Paula Deen but the whole exchange was in extremely bad taste.
dude didnt say anything about picking cotton tho

dude didnt say anything about picking cotton tho
been a few days since I listened to it but it was "work the fields" or summin very clearly alluding to slavery. the audience didn't laugh at the notion of manual labor but the implication.

Back