Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Big Sean - Detroit 2

Detroit 2

• Total voters
Key Wane, Dwele, Earlly Mac, all the features on the cypher (from what i could find on wiki), and Kierra Sheard (background vocals on Still I Rise) are all from Detroit.

Overlooked Dwele's name, that's cool.

Just peeped music by Tee Grizzley, Kash Doll, Cash Kidd, 42 Dugg, Payroll (I'm assuming Payroll Giovanni), Boldy James, Drego, and Sada Baby.

Of them: Sada Baby actually has a Detroit vibe in his music 'cause most of what I heard sounded like slowed down ghettotech and Boldy James sounds decent, I'd fuck with more of his shit.

The rest of them? They all sound like mainstream rappers. There's no Detroit vibe to them at all outside of maybe mentioning the city or referencing D shit. And the reason I haven't heard of any of them is 'cause they're some of the newer rappers out of the city; I got kids their age.

Having said that, Big Sean coulda thrown some features to some of Detroit's older guard. Might have been cool with a Danny Brown, Guilty Simpson, Phat Kat, or Fat Tone feature.

"I bumped into the piano and felt it out" doesn't have the same vibe lmao

tenor.gif

I liked this album.

I like lucky me.

Body Language would have been a perfect single for the summertime. They woukd have played that song at all the day parties.

Harder than my demons his flow is crazy

The baddest is my shit. If you not from Detroit this beat won't make sense. It took me right back to high school house parties and girls having hip roll battles.

Friday night cypher Royce had the best verse. Sean had the best flow. Eminem was meh. Payroll went hard with the delivery and Tee Grizzley was the weakest

Dropping all the videos for the album huh

Don Life also made it into the NBA Finals rotation

Back