Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Big Sean - Detroit 2

Detroit 2

• Total voters
Yeah, after a second listen. Its only about 5 songs worth keeping. Fuck it, just drop another Twenty22 album, first one was classic.

Ain't bad but ain't great either. Def to long. Remove a couple tracks and it would have been great

The joint with Nip, Wayne, and Detriot were stands out

A lot of introspection on the album, gonna take some listens to unpack it all

it's iight. I liked it but that shit is way too long for me to want to bump again

I don't like Big Sean as a rep of Tha D. He literally sounds like every other mainstream rapper out right now, it just so happens he's from Detroit.

When I think of Detroit rappers, I think of cats like Guilty Simpson, Elzhi, T3, Marv Won, Eminem, Proof, Black Milk, Dilla, etc. In other words lyricists. What I don't think of is generic rapper #28473 using the same flow, cadence, and rhyme structure as every other rapper out and that's precisely what Big Sean sounds like.

The album named Detroit yet the only Detroit feature is Stevie?
:scust:Foh

There's that too. Cypher joint got Royce and Em on it, but still... If he was really on his D shit, he coulda hit up some of the triple OG's of Detroit hip hop for features. Jack Frost, Awesome Dre, Kaos, Papa J Smoove, Ant Live, Boogie Mack, The Last Soulman... Shit, for all that throw Bo$$ a feature, I'm sure she'd light it up.

There's that too. Cypher joint got Royce and Em on it, but still... If he was really on his D shit, he coulda hit up some of the triple OG's of Detroit hip hop for features. Jack Frost, Awesome Dre, Kaos, Papa J Smoove, Ant Live, Boogie Mack, The Last Soulman... Shit, for all that throw Bo$$ a feature, I'm sure she'd light it up.
I never heard of any those ppl

U should make a thread w best Detroit hip hop

Key Wane, Dwele, Earlly Mac, all the features on the cypher (from what i could find on wiki), and Kierra Sheard (background vocals on Still I Rise) are all from Detroit.

Back