Welcome To aBlackWeb

Better Movie: Black Panther vs Aquaman...aka Thor and Du vs the rest of the world

Better Movie: Black Panther vs Aquaman

• Total voters
After reading some of the comments all I can do is shake my head. It's even more obvious why people said Infinity War was better than End Game all over again. Lmao.

People liked the way Aquaman was portrayed because he was more outgoing and outspoken from what I've read. Lmao. Come on man, Jason Momoa played himself. Lmao.

T'Challa isn't and never was a goof ball character in any iteration of Black Panther comics I've read (trust me, I own a lot of old and new ones) and Chadwick Boseman played him close to how Christopher Priest wrote him. The best Black Panther writer in my opinion is Christopher Priest and his comics did so well because he used ancillary characters like Everett K. Ross as the comedic presence which is what Coogler did.

I thought Chadwick did a good job playing the character how the comics have usually written him and he definitely showed a wide range of emotions throughout the film.

Last edited:
I don't agree with that, but I can see why you'd say it. That said, BP actually had a good supporting cast. Aquaman didn't.

That's like saying a 5 who surrounds herself with 4s looks better than a 8 that surrounds herself with 9s.

I think Aquaman had a good supporting cast also. The film just didn't really use the really stong actors like Nicole Kidman and Willem Dafoe that well.

Aquaman was a popcorn action flick that leaned heavily on great visuals, action and a pretty linear paint by numbers story.

Like the video stated people liked Black Panther and Killmonger more because his character actually had substance and a legit reason to do what he was doing. His character resonated with so many, poor, immigrants or displaced people in general not just African Americans.

aquaman was like a lost city movie with a super powered joke cracking lead...

as far as entertainment value, it delivered on all scales..
the fighters were fun, the jokes times well, and the action was almost non stop.....and the visuals were amazing

i loved it, cuz i love movies like that....

however BP had several;l character performances that i can't deny, plus koogler is a great director, that kept you feeling as though everything was constantly on edge.....

so as far as the better movie, i'd definitely vote BP, because ultimately characters make the movie, and Killmonger was by far the best character in both movies by a pretty large margin..

there were really no stand out actors in Aquaman. the spectacle of it all carried the movie

I think Aquaman had a good supporting cast also. The film just didn't really use the really stong actors like Nicole Kidman and Willem Dafoe that well.

Aquaman was a popcorn action flick that leaned heavily on great visuals, action and a pretty linear paint by numbers story.

Like the video stated people liked Black Panther and Killmonger more because his character actually had substance and a legit reason to do what he was doing. His character resonated with so many, poor, immigrants or displaced people in general not just African Americans.

That's a fair point.

If it wasnt for the black representation in this movie yall wouldnt have loved it.

This movie had the worse fighting scenes out of all MCU movies.

Visuals and actions scenes alone has me picking Aquaman

I mean i aint that deep into MCU shit and i dont pay that much attention to fight choreography

You got a nigga in here that will drop a movie from a 9 to a 6.5 because of fight choreography and ignore everything else but iono nothin

Back