Welcome To aBlackWeb

Better Movie: Black Panther vs Aquaman...aka Thor and Du vs the rest of the world

Better Movie: Black Panther vs Aquaman

• Total voters
both had their strengths and their flaws....

but if i had a gun to my head, i'd say BP.... and for michael b jordan alone...

dude performance was up there with heath ledger's joker imo...

it was masterful,. especially from a guy who normally plays good guys...

visually AM shits on BP......action goes to AM as well

and if we keep it funky, AM had a better hero story than BP did...

but BP had a who's who of black actors and a villain that kept you glued to the screen.....

BP is overrated in a lotta ways.....and the fans make it obnoxious at times, but i can't deny MBJ for one of the best on screen villains ever......

BP is the epitome of a movie you watch and root for the bad guy, and turn off before the end because the bad guy dies

t'challa took a back seat imo to several people on screen, even m'baku's scenes were more entertaining than ones with tchalla

tchalla played a very dry character imo.....

aquaman was the star and comic relief for his movie....he bodies his role... but not as much as MBJ bodied killmonger

Black Panther had the better story, better supporting cast, and villain. Aquaman had the better fight/action scenes, CGI, and better hero.

Really? You thought Aquadude was a better hero than T'challa? That's an interesting take.

Better story? Yes
Better Cast? Yes
Better Acting? That shit wasnt good. Only MBJ did a good job.

Its a good movie, slightly under Aquaman

You think Aquaman had better acting than BP? Even if you didn't like the acting in BP, I don't see how Aquaman has it beat. Not one character or performance in the whole movie was even memorable.

the way T'challa was played was very bland.

the supporting cast carried the movie from a acting standpoint. so i think that's a fair criticism

Black Panther got outshined by his supporting cast, can’t say that about Aquaman.

I don't agree with that, but I can see why you'd say it. That said, BP actually had a good supporting cast. Aquaman didn't.

That's like saying a 5 who surrounds herself with 4s looks better than a 8 that surrounds herself with 9s.

I don't agree with that, but I can see why you'd say it. That said, BP actually had a good supporting cast. Aquaman didn't.

That's like saying a 5 who surrounds herself with 4s looks better than a 8 that surrounds herself with 9s.
You’re disagreeing with what? That BP didn’t get outshined by his supporting cast?

killmonger was the real star of BP

shuri was the funnest character

and his okoye and nakia fight choreography imo was much smoother

m'baku stole every scene he was in

and even the dude from get out showed levels that drew folk in

killmonger was the real star of BP

shuri was the funnest character

and his okoye and nakia fight choreography imo was much smoother

m'baku stole every scene he was in

and even the dude from get out showed levels that drew folk in
I agree with this. BP had a stronger supporting cast and better villains (Klaue and Killmonger>>Manta and Oceanmaster)

BP had the better supporting cast but Boseman was no where being bad that they carried him.

And Momoa wasn't that great as Aquaman to let his weak supporting cast slide.

With the exception of MBJ, I don't think he was outshined. I think everyone did a good job, but I would agree that Killmonger stole the show. That said, I don't see how that makes Aquaman the better hero. You really trying to say Momoa did a better job than Boseman?
I’m saying they were both good. But within the story they were telling Jason Momoa was portrayed stronger in his movie than Boseman was in his movie.

With the exception of MBJ, I don't think he was outshined. I think everyone did a good job, but I would agree that Killmonger stole the show. That said, I don't see how that makes Aquaman the better hero. You really trying to say Momoa did a better job than Boseman?

To me he did

I’m saying they were both good. But within the story they were telling Jason Momoa was portrayed stronger in his movie than Boseman was in his movie.

To me he did

Fair enough. I think some of ya'll just don't like BP as a character. He's a pretty straight laced regal acting character in every interpretation whether it be comics, cartoons, or movies. I think Chadwick played him perfectly. But we all have our opinions I guess.

Back