Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nigga Please

• Golden Arms Redemption

• Immobilarity

• Total voters
T2 is good, but the length and skits take away from it IMO. I'm gonna go with Uncontrolled Substance. The beat could have been better, but Deck was sharp from beginning to end. It's too bad his original solo debut was lost in the flood. I bet it was dope.

Immobilarity is the most unfairly judged though. It's not a classic or anything, but I feel like it being the follow-up to OB4CL really hurt it. When people realized it wasn't CL2, no one really gave it a chance. It took years for me to appreciate that album for what it was.

T2 is good, but the length and skits take away from it IMO. I'm gonna go with Uncontrolled Substance. The beat could have been better, but Deck was sharp from beginning to end. It's too bad his original solo debut was lost in the flood. I bet it was dope.

Immobilarity is the most unfairly judged though. It's not a classic or anything, but I feel like it being the follow-up to OB4CL really hurt it. When people realized it wasn't CL2, no one really gave it a chance. It took years for me to appreciate that album for what it was.

I felt the same way about Immobilarity. It had some bangers on them

Too many skits and not enough stand out tracks

I have no idea why people put skits on their album after, say, 1995.

Do Jay Z and Nas put skits on their albums?

I can think of a skit on Reasonable Doubt where the woman is talking and somebody calls her a "bitch". But otherwise I can't think of any skits from Jay, or Nas.

It’s crazy how everything from the first wave is a classic, and everything from the second wave excluding Supreme Clientele is ASSic

I wouldn't agree that anything from the second wave is ass. That said, Rza basically said that for that first wave of albums, he stayed in his basement working on things nonstop. After Wu Forever, he basically stopped that and the other members had to go their own way. They might have been good MCs, but they had no real experience in picking the right music or putting together a cohesive product because Rza had always done that for them.

It’s crazy how everything from the first wave is a classic, and everything from the second wave excluding Supreme Clientele is ASSic
I wouldn't agree that anything from the second wave is ass. That said, Rza basically said that for that first wave of albums, he stayed in his basement working on things nonstop. After Wu Forever, he basically stopped that and the other members had to go their own way. They might have been good MCs, but they had no real experience in picking the right music or putting together a cohesive product because Rza had always done that for them.

Besides Ghostface, I haven't heard anything from any other members that impressed me that came after Wu Tang Forever.

I heard that Masta Killah's album No Said Date was the last dope solo album, although I haven't heard it from front to back. It has all of the members featured.

Back