Better Movie?

• Menace 2 Society

• Sicario

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn’t make what I said invalid

aight let me put it this way.
Music we dominate and innovate historically, better in terms of quality. Sales of course can be tricky in some cases due to demographics. But we’re The tastemakers.
The Sports that we play in mass…the same thing.

Yet in filmmaking there’s pushback… do you believe that to mean we are just inherently not as good in this field as white people or there’s some conditioning to conventional thought in this field? Which of the two seems more likely?

Because I done seen the “critically acclaimed by white publications ” black movies get the “well but” treatment in certain matchups. Then in another thread the culturally relevant ones that aren’t some “Top movies of all time” by white publications get the same thing. And some of those movies are both. So what’s really the word?

If niggas think an individual white movie is better all power to you, but the scoffing at black shit is some deeper darker for some of y’all. Respectfully

aight let me put it this way.
Music we dominate and innovate historically, better in terms of quality. Sales of course can be tricky in some cases due to demographics. But we’re The tastemakers.
The Sports that we play in mass…the same thing.

Yet in filmmaking there’s pushback… do you believe that to mean we are just inherently not as good in this field as white people or there’s some conditioning to conventional thought in this field? Which of the two seems more likely?

Because I done seen the “critically acclaimed by white publications ” black movies get the “well but” treatment in certain matchups. Then in another thread the culturally relevant ones that aren’t some “Top movies of all time” by white publications get the same thing. And some of those movies are both. So what’s really the word?

If niggas think an individual white movie is better all power to you, but the scoffing at black shit is some deeper darker for some of y’all. Respectfully
You’re making scoffing at certain movies out to be only derived from being a black movie.

A lot of y’all seem to think the black movie doesn’t get the vote because you think the voter thinks it couldn’t possibly be better than its white counterpart and that’s really just assumption on your part

Race hasn’t played a factor in none of my voting but yet y’all almost in every thread keep showing that it plays some part in your voting

Almost like you want to throw movies a bone or give it respect because you think white ppl don’t give it respect

And stop acting like nobody is supposed to scoff at baby boy in a Best movie ever tournament

Y’all the same niggas who would scoff at fam lay in a Best rapper ever tournament

You’re making scoffing at certain movies out to be only derived from being a black movie.

A lot of y’all seem to think the black movie doesn’t get the vote because you think the voter thinks it couldn’t possibly be better than its white counterpart and that’s really just assumption on your part

Race hasn’t played a factor in none of my voting but yet y’all almost in every thread keep showing that it plays some part in your voting

Almost like you want to throw movies a bone or give it respect because you think white ppl don’t give it respect

And stop acting like nobody is supposed to scoff at baby boy in a Best movie ever tournament

Y’all the same niggas who would scoff at fam lay in a Best rapper ever tournament

This.

you brought this up! You do the work nigga lol

Also even if I didn’t scoff at a “white” movie what does that mean?
Haven’t seen one negative remark about any white movie that you vote against, black movie you Simon Cowell you know what it mean lol

But if you genuinely love ALL the mayo classics I digress my nigga. Love who you love.

Sicario is the better film, and I LOVE Menace.

But I gotta give it up to Sicario, the shit is just better all around. Plus the ending is cold as shit.

Haven’t seen one negative remark about any white movie that you vote against, black movie you Simon Cowell you know what it mean lol

But if you genuinely love ALL the mayo classics I digress my nigga. Love who you love.
I have negative remarks because there’s a group of y’all that are gonna pick the black movie regardless of the matchup or use some really silly ass reason as to why you’re voting for a movie (Du)

I don’t love all the Mayo classics lol

I hate fight club as a watch but I can say it’s objectively a better movie than don’t be a menace man

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back