Welcome To aBlackWeb

Best Buy Will No Longer Sell CD’s

Do y’all still have local record stores in your area?

In California we have Amoeba in Hollywood

And the Bay has Rasputin’s

He will. I didn't think I would until like 3 yrs ago and I started streaming with Spotify. Then switched to Tidal once they started doing the exclusive music shit.

Y'all don't get it... I won't. I'm not paying for something I don't own. I OWN music on vinyl, I OWN shit on CD and cassette. I'm not about sit here and rent music like an idiot. Nope. That shit is entirely too potato for me. I don't like the idea of paying for mp3's either because theres nothing tangible associated with it but at least I can take an mp3 and burn it as an audio CD.

I don't like being tied to my phone and a data plan to access music. That's just fuckin stupid and all y'all buying into it can't even see how idiotic it is. I got my 50+1 disc CD changer out in the family room. If I want to just kick back and chill out to some tunes all I gotta do is pick up the remote, flip the receiver to it, and hit play and sit off with my glass of brandy, bourbon, or beer and vibe to whatever's in the changer.

20180203_201513.jpg

My shit-tier phone has 16GB onboard and I have a 16GB microSD card in it full of tracks so if I wanna zone out to some music while I'm at the grocery store or Walmart (where cell signal strength is always horrible) then I'm tight. In the car same thing, I can drive wherever and never worry about whether or not there's a good enough signal to stream 'cause I got a couple of cd wallets in the car full of shit to listen to and I'm constantly burning more PLUS if it comes to it the radio in the ride has an aux jack so I can always plug up my phone or my little Sansa mp3 player and I got shit to listen to.

I have no reason to stream anything for any reason.

Not surprised everytime i went there to buy a cd the section got smaller n smaller n barely ever saw anyone else browsing while i was there.

This.

Last time I went it was like 2 small ass racks and was placed some where in the back corner. lol. I seen that and told myself it's only a matter of time. Use to love getting a CD, bussin it out the wrapper and sit there listening to it in the car/CD player while going through the booklet and shit.

Shit, give it some time and Best Buy is gon be gone too.

Got mines in my car as we speak.

Still pissed my other two books got stolen.

that shit hurt my heart when I came out to the ride and my shit was gone. Had a grip of hard to find Detroit Techno cd's, my King Tee collection on CD, my 90's Grunge cd's, and a bunch of other CD's just gone.

This.

Last time I went it was like 2 small ass racks and was placed some where in the back corner. lol. I seen that and told myself it's only a matter of time. Use to love getting a CD, bussin it out the wrapper and sit there listening to it in the car/CD player while going through the booklet and shit.

Shit, give it some time and Best Buy is gon be gone too.

we used to do that shit all the time. Hit the spot on Tuesdays and pick up some shit, stop off at the liquor store for drinks and snacks, then roll to either my spot or one of my boys to sit off and listen to the new shit. Take it further back and stoppin off at the DJ pool to see what new vinyl came in and run everything through the "10 second test" along with everybody else there that day.

Shit ain't even the same. Now niggas on FB, IG, and Twitter talmbout "you hear that new Yung Mumblemush? Here go the youtube link, retweet/repost if you like it."

40994_heroa.jpg

Back