• Missy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Em

• Luda

• Total voters
I voted beans 🧐

Each album was better than the previous. That third album was amazing. The samples and features were CRAZY. Bread and butter was such a sleeper. Purple Rain is a whole vibe.... Him and Bun killed that shit.

But then you go back to the first one and the last three songs go do fucking hard

What your life like
Ride 4 my niggaz
Die

Those three songs going back to back was one of the hypest endings to any album I ever heard...

And then soon as reason starts with that kanye track on nothing like it, it's clear right away that beans grew significantly from album 1 to album 2....

Like album 2 was really good... A big improvement over the first.

Yet still, the third was his best album.

I know I'm the only person that voted for beans..... But it's a reason he up there. That was a mean 3 album run ✊🏿

Nas is in my MT Rushmore but cmon man, I Am stops Nas from being in the conversation.

The top 3 runs is probably Pac>>>Outkast>>>>Kendrick

Jay's top 3 run >>>> Nas's Top 3 run

Reasonable doubt = Illmatic
Vol 2 = IWW
Vol 1>> IAM

They both have 14 tracks

HKL intro>> IWW Intro
HKL = The Message
If I Should Die<< Street Dreams
Ride or Die << I Gave You Power
Nigga What = Watch Dem
Money Cash Hoes >> Take It In Blood
A Week Ago >> Nas Is Coming
Coming of Age<< Affirmative Action
Can I Get A = The Set Up
Paper Chase = Black Girl Lost
Reservoir Dogs >> Suspect
It's Like That = Shootouts
It's Alright << Live Nigga Rap
Money Aint A Thing = If I Ruled The World

It's neck and neck.

That's true but when too many people like a album or a group of albums simply because they're fan favored lyricist like outkast other than honestly judging the album that means they're overeating it.

There's plenty of lyricist who are lyrical but cant make classics albums and imo Outkast first 3 albums range from solid to good.

I'd agree with how you're using overrated here, but I don't think anyone is doing that with Outkast. We aren't saying they have three classic albums because they are Outkast. We are saying that because we actually believe SPCM, ATLiens, and Aquemini are classic. It's cool if they aren't your type of rap and you don't feel them to that level, but people that rate them highly do so because they genuinely like the music. It's weird that people think otherwise.

Sure, it was a commercial hit, but you really think it's a better song from a quality standpoint?
I try to compare everything objectively. I was outside when Money Cash Hoes came out, it ran the year.

For example, I've never been a big fan of "Juicy" by Biggie, but I understand it's impact and significance.

25 years later, I'd probably edge Take It In Blood. But I can't ignore the impact MCH had.

I try to compare everything objectively. I was outside when Money Cash Hoes came out, it ran the year.

For example, I've never been a big fan of "Juicy" by Biggie, but I understand it's impact and significance.

25 years later, I'd probably edge Take It In Blood. But I can't ignore the impact MCH had.

Fair enough. That makes sense.

Back