Welcome To aBlackWeb

Bernie Mac's Daughter Criticizes His Parenting, Called Her "Weak" and "Soft"

There's no age limit that makes you magically forget how your parents treated you growing up both good and bad. It's literally what makes you who are. So when people explain certain things of course it's going to often go back to certain things your parents said or did that gives context to certain things. Just because we all love Bernie Mac don't mean his child can't speak on how he raised her. That's her dad. She can speak about him whenever she feels like it

It’s a parents job to get their child ready for the world. When you seen the shit that Bernie seen, you tend to be more serious about your child getting the right survival skills. I see no problem with him making sure his daughter can handle adversity at an early age.

Here's how I look at it. And what I've implemented for my own children:

As a parent, you have two jobs: protect your children and prepare them for the real world. From birth up to a certain age, the protection is the main priority and the preparation is the 2nd priority. After a certain age, that switches - preparation becomes the main priority and protection becomes secondary. At age 9...protection is the main priority and preparation is secondary.

Just my 2 cents.

you can teach your children an array of things without killing their spirit

This. I feel like y’all are being willfully obtuse with this. No one ever said don’t teach your children to defend themselves. No one said don’t try to instill toughness in your kid.

You HAVE to be thoughtful and consider shit like that as a parent. Because the margins are razor thin between raising a well-adjusted, productive person and a serial killer.

This. I feel like y’all are being willfully obtuse with this. No one ever said don’t teach your children to defend themselves. No one said don’t try to instill toughness in your kid.

You HAVE to be thoughtful and consider shit like that as a parent. Because the margins are razor thin between raising a well-adjusted, productive person and a serial killer.

Facts

Back