Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Benny the Butcher & Hit-Boy - Burden of Proof

Burden of Proof

Results are only viewable after voting.
First listen, shit cooked coke crack to me

Was expecting to hear super aggressive Benny but I like the direction Hit took it. As a debut album, it does what it supposed to, be entertaining to a casual listener. I can see him doing more numbers than Con and having more of a mainstream appeal

Hit Boy undefeated to me this year. His production on this just as good as King Disease and D2. He allowed Benny to tell his tales over a Sunday afternoon FDR drive. Worked better than I expected. The samples were top notched and his drum patterns are very NY on this. He got a good ear for finding shit that let the artist shine

Features were bout what I expected. Didn’t over do it and everyone was nice, even Gibbs. Would have liked another Griselda record or even the alleged Nas track.

Benny bars are not to be fucked with. I’m in the minority I see, I don’t need him to outgrow the dope tales. He speak his life with is still very vivid, how many ever projects in he’s in. No set of bars or tracks stood out. He’s a rapping rapper which I personally enjoy. Could have added another 3 tracks and I would have welcomed it

4/5

First listen, shit cooked coke crack to me

Was expecting to hear super aggressive Benny but I like the direction Hit took it. As a debut album, it does what it supposed to, be entertaining to a casual listener. I can see him doing more numbers than Con and having more of a mainstream appeal

Hit Boy undefeated to me this year. His production on this just as good as King Disease and D2. He allowed Benny to tell his tales over a Sunday afternoon FDR drive. Worked better than I expected. The samples were top notched and his drum patterns are very NY on this. He got a good ear for finding shit that let the artist shine

Features were bout what I expected. Didn’t over do it and everyone was nice, even Gibbs. Would have liked another Griselda record or even the alleged Nas track.

Benny bars are not to be fucked with. I’m in the minority I see, I don’t need him to outgrow the dope tales. He speak his life with is still very vivid, how many ever projects in he’s in. No set of bars or tracks stood out. He’s a rapping rapper which I personally enjoy. Could have added another 3 tracks and I would have welcomed it

4/5
The Nas track is supposedly on Tana Talk 4

Best Griselda drop of the year

Production was key for me. Features helped out too.

Tracks w Ross, Gibbs, and Dom Kennedy are all dope.

Also like New Streets, Legend, & Thank God I Made It

The album is ok.

Benny got the bars as usual.

Production wise. Hitboy throws me off when he produces a whole album. I'm still warming up to Nas King Disease. Seems like I can only take hitboy produced tracks in small doses.

Hit boy showed his ass on this...This shit to me, was wayyy better produced than the Nas joint. This might be the best produced album I heard in a minute by 1 producer.
Far as Benny, dude is rapping at a top tier level.
AOTY contender for sure.
Standout tracks

*Push it to the limit
*New Streets
*Sly Green
*legend

Cant agree. KD is sonically better than this joint

BUT, I havent heard this as much as KD so my opinion can be swayed in time

Hit boy showed his ass on this...This shit to me, was wayyy better produced than the Nas joint. This might be the best produced album I heard in a minute by 1 producer.
Far as Benny, dude is rapping at a top tier level.
AOTY contender for sure.
Standout tracks

*Push it to the limit
*New Streets
*Sly Green
*legend

I can't handle a whole album produced by hitboy.
I just can't.
Conway the Machine album From King 2 God is better than Burien of Proof.
I like that track hitboy produced for conway featuring dej loaf. I can tolerate him producing tracks here and there

Good Album. Thought the beats went well with the flow. I am ready to move on from one producer projects for a while tho. Features did their thing.

This the second time Ross dropped an Ether line this year: The dictionary line and the cut your phone off line. Those were school playground hurtful. BARS.

Ok album. I wanted and expected better though.

I understand the difference in making a commercial album and a mixtape or EP but becoming a fan from listening to the mixtapes and EPs shit like this just doesn't work for me.

It's not bad but not what I'm used to either.

Best Benny album to date imo. My biggest issue w/ Griselda has always been some of the production so I was looking forward to this project. Personally I'm feeling the album from start to finish. It's not far off of what I expected from a collab w/ Hitboy. The lyrics are typical Benny (which isn't all bad), but grade A as expected. It's easily in my top 5-10 rap albums of 2020. Still not sure which one I like better..this or From King To a GOD. 2020 has been shitty on a lot of levels, but at least we've got some dope music in the process.

• King's Disease
  • Burden of Proof
  • Reasonable Drought
  • Act 2 The Patents of Nobility
  • From King To a GOD
  • Alfredo
  • Pray for Paris
  • Ignatius
  • As God Intended

Back