Welcome To aBlackWeb

Be Careful Fellas

Feelings and emotions are all through the Bible. Almost every story, parable and teaching is rooted in the feelings of man. The Bible is teaching you how to raise your feelings so your not looking at a situation with an earthly perspective. Not to renunciate your feelings completely.But to understand what's is love, fear, joy etc when it is expressed righteously. When your mind is God centered, your human vessel emanates feelings and emotions in a divine way
It’s not that feelings are completely absent from the text, or from our lives, but that it’s not the standard we use for making moral judgments. The standard for all moral judgments in this life is the one upheld in the Bible. Matter fact feelings is something we learn in our study that we have considerable degree of control over depending on our choices.

Experience MIGHT contribute to how we feel, but we don’t use how we feel to make moral decision about our beliefs. And I’m talking about a Christian’s belief. It’s says in Proverbs a fool trusts his own heart. Ours is based on the knowledge + understanding of what sayeth God, imparted to us by observing his rules, precepts, commands and abiding by them. And obeying his voice gives the most peaceful fruit and feeling but that comes after we put it into practice for some time.

Which Bible do I use? There’s only one Bible unless you mean what translation.
Point, translation I'm talking.

And its feelings telling you your faith is right. It's a feeling of peace you gain from following that voice, it's feeling joy knowing you'll be rewarded oh true and faithful servant, it's feelings that tell you when something is wrong, a need to prevent that feeling of loss or pain for others. Shoot LOVE a feeling is the biggest aspect of most religions especially Christianity

Last edited:
Point, translation I'm talking.

And its feelings telling you your faith is right. It's a feeling of peace you gain from following that voice, it's feeling joy knowing you'll be rewarded oh true and faithful servant, it's feelings that tell you when something is wrong, a need to prevent that feeling of loss or pain for others. Shoot LOVE a feeling is the biggest aspect of most religions especially Christianity
Show the book, chapter, and verse in the Bible that backs this up. And I myself will show book, chapter and verse giving examples of men/women in the Bible that willingly chose to continue to trust God despite being afflicted or undergoing suffering while doing so. Care to explain what would make a person do that?

Also, the most laid out definition of 'love' in the Bible is given in Corinthians, and the sum of these appear in other places. None of the descriptions emphasize the feelings aspect of love above the actions of love.

And I don't emphasize the use of just only one translation. What I have on hand is the ESV.

Show the book, chapter, and verse in the Bible that backs this up. And I myself will show book, chapter and verse giving examples of men/women in the Bible that willingly chose to continue to trust God despite being afflicted or undergoing suffering while doing so. Care to explain what would make a person do that?

Also, the most laid out definition of 'love' in the Bible is given in Corinthians, and the sum of these appear in other places. None of the descriptions emphasize the feelings aspect of love above the actions of love.

And I don't emphasize the use of just only one translation. What I have on hand is the ESV.
To answer your question trust requires faith which comes from belief and you have to feel in order to truly believe.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth... Reads like the love we all want to feel and give

@royalascension

8d35b55060f0bbe41a3d556f249da08a04440cbe.gifv

Last edited:

Okay I listened to about 25 minutes of the 1st one and 20 minutes of the second one. Not to get too hung up on her style of Tarot and how she talk. If anything she encouraging people to be introspective 😆 .And all jokes aside. All spiritual tools in my opinion are to help the person focus on themselves and align with God. But the tools can be used fraudulently . Just like misinterpreted scripture .There are apparently 1.7 million people who resonates with what she talking about and how she talking. This is not the type of Tarot readings I have been apart of.

Just like you have pastors in pulpits preaching crazy you have people using Tarot any kind of way. Discernment is our friend!

Tarot is not "bad or wrong " in my opinion. Tarot is divination, just like casting lots. And alot of that was removed from the Bible. But alot still remains. It's all has the capability to be just something to aid in your connection with God. God is everything. As the creator God can speak to you in all ways. Old Testament is full of God showing signs to the Israelites

Take for example the story of Gideon. Judges 6:35-37. Where he asked God for a sign. We all desire a sense of sure-footedness in our journey. We all may say in our own way , "is this right God? " or "order my steps lord."

But yeah it's tons of Tarot readings like this out there. It's a change in the times...or maybe a cycle. This stuff is coming back into the mainstream.At one point in history it was more mainstream than church.

Nothing new under the sun

Homegirl was renaming them cards lol and telling the people about themselves lol. Oh lord she got a whole business 🙄 doing this. To each they own,she not my kinda Tarot but bless that woman. We wish her well 🙏🏾

I don't follow or subscribe to Tarot with someone I don't know. So no ig Tarot for me lol.

To answer your question trust requires faith which comes from belief and you have to feel in order to truly believe.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth... Reads like the love we all want to feel and give
God never required us to walk by feeling or seeing. He asked us to do the believing on the things he spoke.
“Faith come by hearing and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17)
before we can have faith, we have to actually hear (understand) what God said. That’s our part. “Hearing” is work, to be done by us. How can a person begin to hear the word if they not even aware what’s in the Word is to begin with?

And notice again, in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 though it’s describing the character of Love, none of those characteristics, even by definition, imply merely a feeling, but they are describing the person’s actions.

I’ll give book chapter and verse for the example I was talking about that proves people don’t only choose to follow God just because some warm fuzzy feeling.

Last edited:
Okay I listened to about 25 minutes of the 1st one and 20 minutes of the second one. Not to get too hung up on her style of Tarot and how she talk. If anything she encouraging people to be introspective 😆 .And all jokes aside. All spiritual tools in my opinion are to help the person focus on themselves and align with God. But the tools can be used fraudulently . Just like misinterpreted scripture .There are apparently 1.7 million people who resonates with what she talking about and how she talking. This is not the type of Tarot readings I have been apart of.

Just like you have pastors in pulpits preaching crazy you have people using Tarot any kind of way. Discernment is our friend!

Tarot is not "bad or wrong " in my opinion. Tarot is divination, just like casting lots. And alot of that was removed from the Bible. But alot still remains. It's all has the capability to be just something to aid in your connection with God. God is everything. As the creator God can speak to you in all ways. Old Testament is full of God showing signs to the Israelites

Take for example the story of Gideon. Judges 6:35-37. Where he asked God for a sign. We all desire a sense of sure-footedness in our journey. We all may say in our own way , "is this right God? " or "order my steps lord."

But yeah it's tons of Tarot readings like this out there. It's a change in the times...or maybe a cycle. This stuff is coming back into the mainstream.At one point in history it was more mainstream than church.

Nothing new under the sun

Homegirl was renaming them cards lol and telling the people about themselves lol. Oh lord she got a whole business 🙄 doing this. To each they own,she not my kinda Tarot but bless that woman. We wish her well 🙏🏾

I don't follow or subscribe to Tarot with someone I don't know. So no ig Tarot for me lol.
Ahhh why not just become a Christian? You won’t need Tarot cards, occult powers or none of that once you have the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit in fellowship with ya. All powers everywhere kneel to those three either willingly or ultimately. It will require you turn your life over and turn away from all sins, but there’s no better thing that can be done for what you get in exchange.

Ahhh why not just become a Christian? You won’t need Tarot cards, occult powers or none of that once you have the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit in fellowship with ya. All powers everywhere kneel to those three either willingly or ultimately. It will require you turn your life over and turn away from all sins, but there’s no better thing that can be done for what you get in exchange.

I was born raised Baptist...southern Baptist. I was a church kid. My daddy was a Decon and I myself sought out seminary school. I completely left what I knew as church in 2018. I am on a journey....will that lead me to a "Christian church" like what your referring to idk. God is always with me. I don't follow or worship false idols or anything man made. I have such a beautiful relationship with God...tough at times because of my own doings. But as what the church ppl may say...this blasphemy or devil work really has gotten me back to a space where I pray and talk to God

Meditation, astrology gemstones, charkas, affirmation work....all that lol. It's not causing separation

There is a site called Truthunity.net . I mainly look at the metaphysical Bible dictionary. It's confirming many Bible lessons I already knew and understood..but its providing a whole different perspective .

https://www.truthunity.net/mbd

Check it out...look up a word in the metaphysical dictionary link and tell me your thoughts.
I am interested in your thoughts....but I get it if you only look at the Bible. I respect your walk and how you choose to connect with God.

Last edited:
God never required us to walk by feeling or seeing. He asked us to do the believing on the things he spoke.
before we can have faith, we have to actually hear (understand) what God said. That’s our part. “Hearing” is work, to be done by us. How can a person begin to hear the word if they not even aware what’s in the Word is to begin with?

And notice again, in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 though it’s describing the character of Love, none of those characteristics, even by definition, imply merely a feeling, but they are describing the person’s actions.

I’ll give book chapter and verse for the example I was talking about that proves people don’t only choose to follow God just because some warm fuzzy feeling.
Following up on this as I said I would….and not with a common example. for those who suppose people choose God based on selfish feelings or emotionalist motives.

Notice what Naomi says. not only did her husband die leaving her behind but also her only sons, which resulted in both Naomi daughters-in-law becoming widows -

‘She said to them, “Do not call me Naomi; call me Mara, for the Almighty has dealt very bitterly with me. I went away full, and the LORD has brought me back empty. Why call me Naomi, when the LORD has testified against me and the Almighty has brought calamity upon me?”’ (Ruth 1:20-21)

And she didn’t even do nothing. That’s just the hand she was dealt. So I guess it’s time to pack up and become an Atheist now? Since God didn’t hand her her emotional “fix” today…matter fact he left her without husband and sons. Super Tough break

So in the next chapter when she’s telling Ruth about her fam, notice Naomi attitude when speaking about Yahuah

“And Naomi said to her daughter-in-law, “May he be blessed by the LORD, whose kindness has not forsaken the living or the dead!” Naomi also said to her, “The man is a close relative of ours, one of our redeemers. (Ruth 2:20)

How is it that Naomi can make such a confession of faith after what just happened to her? What could she have known?

She doesn’t have an emotionalistic faith. If she did she would be expressing disbelief here after what just happened to her, not confessing. Clearly she has a faith based on knowledge.

Last edited:
Following up on this as I said I would….and not with a common example. for those who suppose people choose God based on selfish feelings or emotionalist motives.

Notice what Naomi says. not only did her husband die leaving her behind but also her only sons, which resulted in both Naomi daughters-in-law becoming widows -

‘She said to them, “Do not call me Naomi; call me Mara, for the Almighty has dealt very bitterly with me. I went away full, and the LORD has brought me back empty. Why call me Naomi, when the LORD has testified against me and the Almighty has brought calamity upon me?”’ (Ruth 1:20-21)

And she didn’t even do nothing. That’s just the hand she was dealt. So I guess it’s time to pack up and become an Atheist now? Since God didn’t hand her her emotional “fix” today…matter fact he left her without husband and sons. Super Tough break

So in the next chapter when she’s telling Ruth about her fam, notice Naomi attitude when speaking about Yahuah

“And Naomi said to her daughter-in-law, “May he be blessed by the LORD, whose kindness has not forsaken the living or the dead!” Naomi also said to her, “The man is a close relative of ours, one of our redeemers. (Ruth 2:20)

How is it that Naomi can make such a confession of faith after what just happened to her? What could she have known?

She doesn’t have an emotionalistic faith. If she did she would be expressing disbelief here after what just happened to her, not confessing. Clearly she has a faith based on knowledge.

What about Job? He goes through it emotionally. And I think it's the same message. Don't let our human or carnal interpretation of reality cause us to cast our nets to the left. It's showing you that the battle is in your mind. All things are for your good even if the "world" says differently.

Emotions come after thoughts. But is that thought rooted in God and the truth about God? If not like in the 1st part of Naomi story her emotions are based on lack and loss. She is a widow and in her environment that place in society is unfavorable. So there is a shift to center your thoughts based on the truth of God. There is no lack, there is no loss etc etc. The emotions that come with placing your thoughts I'm God are peace, joy, bliss, happiness, calmness. You have those emotions in the midst of what the world would say is a crisis.

I was born raised Baptist...southern Baptist. I was a church kid. My daddy was a Decon and I myself sought out seminary school. I completely left what I knew as church in 2018. I am on a journey....will that lead me to a "Christian church" like what your referring to idk. God is always with me. I don't follow or worship false idols or anything man made. I have such a beautiful relationship with God...tough at times because of my own doings. But as what the church ppl may say...this blasphemy or devil work really has gotten me back to a space where I pray and talk to God

Meditation, astrology gemstones, charkas, affirmation work....all that lol. It's not causing separation

There is a site called Truthunity.net . I mainly look at the metaphysical Bible dictionary. It's confirming many Bible lessons I already knew and understood..but its providing a whole different perspective .

https://www.truthunity.net/mbd

Check it out...look up a word in the metaphysical dictionary link and tell me your thoughts.
I am interested in your thoughts....but I get it if you only look at the Bible. I respect your walk and how you choose to connect with God.
I wish I could say I was always a complete foreigner to New Age ideas and views lol but im not. But I turned away from all of that after I realize it’s based on deception and involve things which is all condemned in the sight of God. And the biggest danger is that the practicioner doesn’t even know.
As a teen, I done did out of body dreams and all that, even though I don’t think it in itself is wrong to do but I stopped since if it was a good practice and if God wanted us to do it he himself would have told us HOW to. I was still a Bible believer at the time too but was ignorant on much of the scriptures and wasn’t the believer I am now. One thing I never did was consult with mediums or fortune tellers though. i just never wanted to. but my friend at the time did. He used to go to this world renowned temple where there’s a monk who give readings. Me around that time I chose rather to consult with ministers and preachers who used scripture upon scripture to show me things that completely woke me up and set me straight. I ended up getting into trouble with God right around that same time caught a drug case and that’s when I vowed to not touch any of the unclean things I was involved with at the time. That was his way of pulling me out though it saved my life and I’ve never been happier ever since.🙂

Faith is not instinctual... as you said it comes from hearing but you have to be willing to open your heart to feel the message God wants you to get, which gives you the open-mind to accept... your experiences shore up your faith. You can't believe without feeling what it is you're submitting to. A lot of your posts have constantly referred to the need to believe, and that doesn't take away from your moral compass. The true mother of the baby Solomon was gonna cut in half made a moral decision to sacrifice her rights as a parent in order for the child to live. I say all that to say we live logically and emotionally. When in balance we are better ppl. We're not robots who stick to logic and cant understand curves because all we know is the straight nor are we like ribbons in the wind who ride our emotions all over the place and can't take moment to think through a situation. Morality needs both to work

Last edited:
What about Job? He goes through it emotionally. And I think it's the same message. Don't let our human or carnal interpretation of reality cause us to cast our nets to the left. It's showing you that the battle is in your mind. All things are for your good even if the "world" says differently.

Emotions come after thoughts. But is that thought rooted in God and the truth about God? If not like in the 1st part of Naomi story her emotions are based on lack and loss. She is a widow and in her environment that place in society is unfavorable. So there is a shift to center your thoughts based on the truth of God. There is no lack, there is no loss etc etc. The emotions that come with placing your thoughts I'm God are peace, joy, bliss, happiness, calmness. You have those emotions in the midst of what the world would say is a crisis.
Job’s account makes for one of the biggest cases of how someone will choose to remain faithful despite hardship this his enemy was looking to prove that job was only following God out of material gains.

In the account given in Ruth though there may be some things like this we might read between the lines, but we should be careful not to infer more from the text than what God said since we know scripture is not subject to private interpretation.

Faith is not instinctual... as you said it comes from hearing but you have to be willing to open your heart to feel the message God wants you to get, which gives you the open-mind to accept... your experiences shore up your faith. You can't believe without feeling what it is you're submitting to. A lot of your posts have constantly referred to the need to believe, that doesn't take away from your moral compass. The true mother of the baby Solomon was gonna cut in half made a moral decision to sacrifice her rights as a parent in order for the child to live. I say all to say this we live logically and emotionally. When in balance we are better ppl. We're not robots who stick to logic and cant understand curves because all we know is the straight nor are we like ribbons in the wind who ride our emotions all over the place and can't take moment to think through a situation. Morality needs both to work
I don’t have much objection here but the woman reaction to Solomon threatening to cut the baby in half was less about the mother emotional response and more about the display of wisdom granted directly from God to Solomon to find out who was the true mother. That’s the point. But I digress a bit. I do want to say if I had to pick one emotion that STARTS the work of faith off, and since you brought up Solomon, I’d have to agree with him as he say the Fear of God is the beginning of that kind of knowledge. It’s not the kind of knowledge that a person arrive to from being backed into a logical corner or that comes from some huge emotional pull. All they have to do is recognize that the idea of justice exist and exist outside themselves and that it could come down one day. And though fear might start off a person’s understanding of faith I do think that it’s Love that’ll allow them to remain and with that of course comes emotions, but again those emotions is not what the whole faith is about, it’s about the teaching and understanding that lead to them.

I don’t have much objection here but the woman reaction to Solomon threatening to cut the baby in half was less about the mother emotional response and more about the display of wisdom granted directly from God to Solomon to find out who was the true mother. That’s the point. But I digress a bit. I do want to say if I had to pick one emotion that STARTS the work of faith off, and since you brought up Solomon, I’d have to agree with him as he say the Fear of God is the beginning of that kind of knowledge. It’s not the kind of knowledge that a person arrive to from being backed into a logical corner or that comes from some huge emotional pull. All they have to do is recognize that the idea of justice exist and exist outside themselves and that it could come down one day. And though fear might start off a person’s understanding of faith I do think that it’s Love that’ll allow them to remain and with that of course comes emotions, but again those emotions is not what the whole faith is about, it’s about the teaching and understanding that lead to them.
A balance

I was born raised Baptist...southern Baptist. I was a church kid. My daddy was a Decon and I myself sought out seminary school. I completely left what I knew as church in 2018. I am on a journey....will that lead me to a "Christian church" like what your referring to idk.

See…..this is the case with most people who grew up “believing” but end up choosing to leave the church etc…

Most were raised in a household that was strict with a “denomination”….

But nowhere in the Bible does God care for denomination. His instructions are to trust in him, be fruitful and Multiply and give to the poor

There’s no other thing that is more “Christian” than this. But these different denominations and cults is what drives people away because they are all self-serving and hypocritical. But in the end what’s most important is what you choose to do with your life and not what your family or church expects.

If you’re a follower of Christ you can expect more hate from people more than anything, even from people who claim to be church folk..

Back