Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Be all you can be... Official ABW Armed Forces/Military thread

I thought the cut off limit was like 32

I don’t know about other branches but as far as the Navy I’ve seen people in their 40s join. I’m pretty sure the cut off is some where around there.

Damn how’s that shit like? I work with a Chief that was on subs but he went a lil crazy & had to cross rate to AT. Lol

A 365ft underwater prison, overwhelming at first but something you get used to. Only communication with family is through email, but emails are only sent and received when the boat is at PD (periscope depth). When we're deployed and on mission off the coast of Country X we have to go "dark", which means no comms with the outside world, depending on the mission that means you can go a full month without hearing from family.

Entertainment wise we're allowed to have our personal laptop or tablets onboard and in Crew's Mess there's a couple TVs and a couple of video game systems.

I got a letter from the government the other day
I opened & read it & said they were sukas
They wanted me for they army or whatever
Picture Me givin a damn, I said never

I'm a BLACK man & I could never be a veteran

in the words of the great Chuck D

I got a letter from the government the other day
I opened & read it & said they were sukas
They wanted me for they army or whatever
Picture Me givin a damn, I said never

I'm a BLACK man & I could never be a veteran

in the words of the great Chuck D
Fam, this not the thread for that

Whatever your thoughts about the military, cool, but this thread is for them to break bread

Lol yo who was that nigga who couldn't pass an asvap cuz he failed the psych portion

DFW USO is legit!! Terminal B gate 47. Download the app when traveling so you can register before getting there.

Navy vet here

Anybody get monthly disability? Filed a claim in the summer of 2013, took the physical exam, got denied and currently awaiting appeal in DC.......probably looking at another 3 years before a decision is made.....feel bad who got worse disabilities than I do because this wait is unacceptable

Navy vet here

Anybody get monthly disability? Filed a claim in the summer of 2013, took the physical exam, got denied and currently awaiting appeal in DC.......probably looking at another 3 years before a decision is made.....feel bad who got worse disabilities than I do because this wait is unacceptable

I got put up on game about that disability...

Its a real hustle for sure...

Biggest thing for those of us still in....

Go to medical for EVERYTHING. Seriously

Any lil ache or pain...get it documented...so later...when you bout to get out...and you have complaints about whatever...its documented in Your history...

I know a Chief that literally nickled and dimed his way to %100 with the ability to work...plus his retirement.

This nigga getting three checks from Uncle Sam

Disability
Retirement
Govt Job (GS 13)

Back