Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ayo J Cole Fans

ImaInfluenza

Who do you think you are? I am
Neva really been a fan, I dont deny homie is talented. Never heard anything from him that made me see him as more than just a talent.

So I'm asking yall..ima drop a song from other artist that I think are songs that move me to hold that artist in a high esteem.

I need yall then as Jcole fans familiar with his catalogue. To post a song that yall think is his equivalent to the song I post.

First..

UIo8fFO.png make me a Cole fan

Not a cole fan anymore but I listened to I’m beamin for the first time in years a few weeks ago and the neptunes did a great job

Last edited:
No diss but I said before, Jcole rap like a nigga that rap cause he can, not cause he want to.

I need someone to change my mind

:word??:

U believe cole better than Lupe?
By definition of their styles alone.

Both are very intelligent and articulate rappers.

But I feel like Cole applies his intelligence in a way that compliments the art of hip hop. He rides the beats better. He tells his stories smoother. And uses his vocabulary naturally.

With Lupe it's like he's trying to prove something, and I just don't like the vibe...

Prime example. The song "bitch bad". Shit was just really bad in taste imo... Like I got what he was trying to do, but I feel if failed miserably on delivery cuz it just was too wordy... Like it was a good concept, but it talked itself out if being a good song.

Lupe got good ideas... But he overplay his hands.

My favorite song by him is "the cool"

This has more soul than that Lupe track without trying to overcompensate on style...

This feels like Cole where as that beaming track feels forced cuz Neptune's had a hot beat

By definition of their styles alone.

Both are very intelligent and articulate rappers.

But I feel like Cole applies his intelligence in a way that compliments the art of hip hop. He rides the beats better. He tells his stories smoother. And uses his vocabulary naturally.

With Lupe it's like he's trying to prove something, and I just don't like the vibe...

Prime example. The song "bitch bad". Shit was just really bad in taste imo... Like I got what he was trying to do, but I feel if failed miserably on delivery cuz it just was too wordy... Like it was a good concept, but it talked itself out if being a good song.

Lupe got good ideas... But he overplay his hands.

My favorite song by him is "the cool"
This is funny, I was just in the vibe thread and I posted face off by yayo featuring cory guns. And I said when cory says "I'm violent as 50 cent and even let mase off" I always laugh at his chuckle after that.

Like, no one is more impressed by cory guns than cory guns. But that's his thing, he'll spit some shit that legitimately is a bar that will go over most heads. And he'll make note that he knows it mighta went over ya head. By laughing or saying some shit like "get it"...

I think Lupe stop caring a long time ago about hitting that mark and purposely try's to not be appealing. And finds comedy in that people that do get Lupe, think they are that more advance cause they get him

Like he said in SLR2..."its hard to be a Lupe fan, go to Harvard to be a Lupe stan, I ain't saying I'm harder, it's just harder when its Lupe hands"..

Then at the end he says "go back to the hard part, would say pause but was talking about my own balls"

Lol...hes tryna be the dick that u think he is

People gotta get over themselves with this "went over their heads" false belief system

It's not that shit goes over niggaz heads.... It's just that everyone isn't impressed by the wit displayed

If you rate a bar 10 and I rate it 5.

It's not cuz I didn't get it. Oh I got it. That shit just wasn't as clever as you think it is

Back