Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ayesha Curry Explains Why She Prioritizes Her Husband Over Her Kids

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
Ayesha Curry has some strong opinions about what it takes to be a good spouse and a good parent. According to the chef and wife of basketball star Steph Curry, the key to her successful marriage is putting her husband before her kids.

“Putting ourselves first, and making sure that we make time for date nights and for each other,” the 29-year-old confessed in a recent interview with Hello Giggles when asked what had helped her and husband of almost eight years Steph stay together. “That’s been very important, as hard as it is. Because when you become a parent, you want to put your kids first, and we do, but we do it second to our relationship.”

Ayesha, who has kids Riley, 6, Ryan, 3, and Canon, six months, with Steph, went on to explain that “when our relationship is good, the kids are happy and they’re thriving and our family life is good.”

She also stressed that she doesn’t think it’s selfish to prioritize her marriage because “it’s making sure we set a strong foundation.”

During the interview, the mom of three said that she learned by example from watching both her and Steph’s parents. “Both of our parents are still married and have been married for 30-plus years, and [this is] the one thing that they both shared with us—some through learning it the hard way, some through just making sure that they do it.”

And Ayesha isn’t the only woman who has confessed to putting her husband ahead of her children. Back in 2005, author Ayelet Waldman was dubbed a “bad mother” and faced heavy backlash when she wrote a piece explaining how she loved her husband — author Michael Chabon — more than their children.

Despite the criticism, however, the practice of focusing on your marriage first is something many psychologists and marriage therapists approve of, as a healthy relationship sets a good example for kids.

wack title or way to explain this

making time for dates and shit is not putting the s/o over the kids, its just caring about and actually wanting to be around that person

a date night does not inconvenience the children nor make a statement to them that dad is "more important", but I see where the view of a healthy, happy relationship has its benefits for them...and thats all this is

not saying there arent ways you can make your s/o a priority, but what was mentioned aint it

its funny tho, cuz this thought process aint that common....every time I mention rushing home to do something with the wife or meeting her for lunch, mf's be like "oh........ok.........thats sweet"

Ayesha Curry has some strong opinions about what it takes to be a good spouse and a good parent. According to the chef and wife of basketball star Steph Curry, the key to her successful marriage is putting her husband before her kids.

“Putting ourselves first, and making sure that we make time for date nights and for each other,” the 29-year-old confessed in a recent interview with Hello Giggles when asked what had helped her and husband of almost eight years Steph stay together. “That’s been very important, as hard as it is. Because when you become a parent, you want to put your kids first, and we do, but we do it second to our relationship.”

Ayesha, who has kids Riley, 6, Ryan, 3, and Canon, six months, with Steph, went on to explain that “when our relationship is good, the kids are happy and they’re thriving and our family life is good.”

She also stressed that she doesn’t think it’s selfish to prioritize her marriage because “it’s making sure we set a strong foundation.”

During the interview, the mom of three said that she learned by example from watching both her and Steph’s parents. “Both of our parents are still married and have been married for 30-plus years, and [this is] the one thing that they both shared with us—some through learning it the hard way, some through just making sure that they do it.”

And Ayesha isn’t the only woman who has confessed to putting her husband ahead of her children. Back in 2005, author Ayelet Waldman was dubbed a “bad mother” and faced heavy backlash when she wrote a piece explaining how she loved her husband — author Michael Chabon — more than their children.

Despite the criticism, however, the practice of focusing on your marriage first is something many psychologists and marriage therapists approve of, as a healthy relationship sets a good example for kids.

see no lies here

why you think a lot of folks get divorced after the nest is empty

spent so much energy on your kids once they are gone you are literally living with a stranger...

Such an underrated concept. The kids shouldnt be placed ahead of what brought them here in the first place. Of course this barring emergencies and situations that need to be prioritized.

A lotta couple end up being roomates because of not putting their marriage where it should be. Those kids will leave one day and once they do, what do yall have left? Not to mention it could help continue the cycle of broken homes because they never learned what it takes to maintain a marriage.

I used to work with a white lady that had this philosophy. She said it was the key to her marriage being a happy and successful one.

I don't think you should let your relationship fall to the wayside when you have kids, but I can't say I agree with prioritizing your relationship over the kids. The two adults made the choice to be in the relationship and the family. The kids didn't.

I don't think you should let your relationship fall to the wayside when you have kids, but I can't say I agree with prioritizing your relationship over the kids. The two adults made the choice to be in the relationship and the family. The kids didn't.

thats why i say the wording is bad.....its not at all saying the kids are looked over or missing out on anything

Its just having the order correct

a lot of people drop everything and put all their time and energy into the kids and work, and its not good for the actual relationship that brought all of this together

i look at it as, keep dating your partner....keep shit up, keep making sure you look and smell good around them, keep doing shit like you did in the beginning, get that alone time and do grown up shit, etc

it aint deep but a lotta people just fall off

in my own marriage, I had to learn how to make her the priority over the kids in the sense running the household.....im crazy about my girls and their mama is kinda tough on em so I would always advocate for them and try to play both sides to keep everybody happy, and that shit dont work....I gotta be on her side and back her up in front of the kids regardless of how I feel about it, and then we sort shit out in private later "ay it really wasnt that serious I think they should get the tablets back" or whatever it may be.....shit works way better between us and the kids are fine....and they're coming up watching this

Back