Netflix Avatar: The Last Airbender

Inori

NAWF
Aug 11, 2017

Hot on the heels of Netflix’s The Dragon Prince, from Avatar: The Last Airbender head writer Aaron Ehasz, the studio has just stealthily announced that Avatar is coming back in an all-new, live-action series.

Along with the first piece of concept art from the upcoming reboot, Netflix announced that The Last Airbender’s co-creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko are both signed on to oversee the show, something they’ve been planning on for ages.

In a public statement, DiMartino and Konietzko expressed their excitement about the upcoming show and made a point of stating that this incarnation of the Aang’s story will star characters of color, unlike M. Night Shyamalan’s much-maligned 2010 The Last Airbender:

“We’re thrilled for the opportunity to helm this live-action adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender. We can’t wait to realize Aang’s world as cinematically as we always imagined it to be, and with a culturally appropriate, non-whitewashed cast.

It’s a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build upon everyone’s great work on the original animated series and go even deeper into the characters, story, action, and world-building. Netflix is wholly dedicated to manifesting our vision for this retelling, and we’re incredibly grateful to be partnering with them.”

Lol yall willing to give this one a chance after M Knight Shamalans epic fuck-up the first time around?

Good to see the original creators are involved and that it seems they wont be whitewashing this shit this time

20240122_090247.jpg

This is going too be much better as a series than a movie. Original creators and Netflix’s focus on quality makes me even more excited.

Reactions: Chicity
Why not just keep it animated and keep Aangs story line going, there was a lot they could have done with the show post fire nation wars

I think that with the live action series on Netflix they have the potential to tell the story of the five nation wars AND to be able to go past that if the live action series is successful. I'll give it a chance.

Lol yall willing to give this one a chance after M Knight Shamalans epic fuck-up the first time around
The crazy thing about this M Knight is an Indian and this guy was part of a whitewashed movie. Then put the villain as an Indian with a bunch of white saviors even though the original cast was all asian
Fuckin coon

The crazy thing about this M Knight is an Indian and this guy was part of a whitewashed movie. Then put the villain as an Indian with a bunch of white saviors even though the original cast was all asian
Fuckin coon
Indians are some of the biggest coons in this world

I regret seeing M.Night Shamalamama version

Reactions: Mister
Doesn't stop getting old...
a4d949998abe0cb808a44e104fdc2316.gif

or any less funny!