Welcome To aBlackWeb

After reading through this thread I can confirm that the same simple niggas that didn’t like Kendrick’s album also did not like this season.

It's not a "simple" thing. It's that all of a sudden in season 3 they decided it wasn't important for the show to involve the characters anymore. I don't think anyone was bothered by the topics. Just that they completely abandoned the show to address them as much as they did.

Damn....I just realized after reading this paperboi 2nd European tour.... First time headliner..... This is another satire on how some Atlanta niggaz change up when they leave the hood..

Look at OutKast

3000-darius
Big boi-paper. Boi

Just like Darius 3000 was always a little different, but when they got out the hood, he went full hippy life.....

Paperboi..... Definitely not going alll the way out there like Darius... He tryna keep it real... But he's finding himself lost sometimes too

Damn....I just realized after reading this paperboi 2nd European tour.... First time headliner..... This is another satire on how some Atlanta niggaz change up when they leave the hood..

Look at OutKast

3000-darius
Big boi-paper. Boi

Just like Darius 3000 was always a little different, but when they got out the hood, he went full hippy life.....

Paperboi..... Definitely not going alll the way out there like Darius... He tryna keep it real... But he's finding himself lost sometimes too

Alternatively, one could say that escaping the constraints of their hometown—and the always existent societal pressures to fit in—freed them to be who they always were.

Look at OutKast

3000-darius
Big boi-paper. Boi

Y'all doing the same shit...

I'd just rather be a supporter then a hater.

You chose your side
I didn’t assign things that aren’t happening or intended to vault the show

this is why I say it’s overrated and Jordan peele was the worst thing to happen to niggas lol

I’m supportive as well I watched the season. Just because I didn’t like it and it felt like a miss after all this time doesn’t mean I’m not being a supporter

this is why I say it’s overrated and Jordan peele was the worst thing to happen to niggas lol

I’m supportive as well I watched the season. Just because I didn’t like it and it felt like a miss after all this time doesn’t mean I’m not being a supporter
Bruh you nitpick about shit that's not a real problem then give it disingenuous importance to justify your horrible take.

Nothing you complaining about is really an issue to anybody who enjoys the show.

Your complaining sounds exactly the same to me as my praises for the season

So where you think I'm saying anything to make the show good, you're saying anything to justify you thinking it's not

Bruh you nitpick about shit that's not a real problem then give it disingenuous importance to justify your horrible take.

Nothing you complaining about is really an issue to anybody who enjoys the show.

Your complaining sounds exactly the same to me as my praises for the season

So where you think I'm saying anything to make the show good, you're saying anything to justify you thinking it's not

1.What did I nitpick about that wasn’t actual legit criticism?

2. if others have made the same critiques then that’s not true

3. you’re literally making things up lmao of course I’m going to say something

Y'all doing the same shit...

I'd just rather be a supporter then a hater.

You chose your side

Throwing out the word hater too loosely. Saying I don't like how they didn't really focus on the characters this season is just facts. They literally weren't in half the episodes. They didn't do that in the previous seasons. The show switched up heavily this season by doing that.

You're doing too much on some "ahhh yes yes...a fine satirical representation of how the urban negro changes once achieving wealth and fame, and removing himself from the uh...ghetto, if you will".

These dudes are acting the same this season as they did in previous seasons.

Y'all not gonna see the reach to dislike cuz y'all doing it.

But everybody else sees the reach. Shit is what is at this point.

But it's just funny cuz there were a lot of things to discuss about this season but y'all so stuck on not liking everything... Not to mention the episodes this fall gonna be on the same shit.

So to even talk about what's coming up you're actively looking for shit to complain about,

Cuz you know how it's gonna be.... And you already don't like it. Shits dumb to me

About as dumb as you think me comparing Darius and paperboi to Andre and big boi when they started getting big.

You look at pictures from Andre on the first album compared to the later ones....

Then look at Darius from season 1 compared to season 3

The parallels are there. You just have to choose to see it or not

I liked the season a lot.

I also understand why some folks are confused or didn’t like that it wasn’t centrally focused on the 4 (yeah Vanessa is included) main characters.

i personally enjoyed the episodes without them as much as I did the ones with them in it.

I thought the show did a solid job of showing how the characters have grown from the last time we seen them. Some folks seem to have not seen this, which is odd to me.

Honestly though, a lot of folks in here need things more pronounced and are not good with nuance or subtlety.

Fuck all that other shit you talking about. The bold though
facts-big.gif

3 1/2 out of 10 episodes were not about the characters. After 2 seasons of getting to know them. They on tour in Europe. I think it’s a perfect balance of showing the characters reactions to things they went through on tour, and Donald glover flexing .

paperboi getting money and feeling himself. Darius looking like he fucked badu. And earn strait to the business. There was a scene where you could tell Al felt a type of way during one of his and earn’s interaction.
Yal wanted a day to day?

Back