Welcome To aBlackWeb

Man I'll never forget the day I rocked a USPA polo to school.

"Why there two niggas ridin one horse on your shirt nigga?! Nigga you gay!"

giphy.gif

I was always the fly nigga in school, so i never had to deal with that shit, but ofc I've still experienced being roasted in school. I've always been a funny nigga so that never got to me, shit females had me in my feelings back then more than any nigga roasting me could.

With that said, bullies are bitches. Kids commit that everyday due to that shit.

This nigga Goldie had young parents

lol nah, i had the "new jordans" every year and those shits had to last me the entire school year. I wore them mfs with every fit. This chick did roast me about that shit tho lol

Once i hit 14 i started workin, that's when i became the flyest nigga in school.

Man shit was tragic for me.

1996 Olympics were in USA, so of course summer of 96 my mom's got like 20 USA t shirts.... Mind you this the summer I turn 14

I had the broke Hustler timbs, the ones with no leather.

I had the on sale first down coat.. And that bitch ripped

I had the zebra Shaq's

I actually had a pair of David ewings

Mom's bought me discount jeans... Bitches came in colors....I had brown jeans and green ones....

I had this bright ass off brand basic ass baby blue reflective winter coat...

Man..., This was all in highschool.

But again Niggaz come at me, we roasting all day...

This one fresh nigga had a little head... Tried to come for my clothes...

I was like nigga if you think of two things at once you gonna faint....

Called him the nigga from beetle juice.

Said he get a headache every time he sneeze... It was like 20-30 rapid fire jokes... Niggaz was in tears....

He was ready to fight, I was like no fair his head to little to hit....

Shit was great....i closed my eyes and dared him to punch me and everything....

Ended dudes career that day, and I was the one with the bootleg clothes

This ep. definitely had me strolling down memory lane as someone who grew up poor in the public school system.

I believe the highlight of this episode for me though was when the white kid uttered: "I've worn this shirt twice this week and nobody said anything". this really illustrates how its mostly black youth who place meaningless value on superfluous things like name brand and designer clothes to the point of insulting the other person if their attire is cheap and low budget

Elementary school i was in thrift store clothes and Target brand shoes.

My favorite shoes i ever had growing up were some Converse Dennis Rodmans from Shoe Carnival

converse-all-star-rodman.jpg

This ep. definitely had me strolling down memory lane as someone who grew up poor in the public school system.

I believe the highlight of this episode for me though was when the white kid uttered: "I've worn this shirt twice this week and nobody said anything". this really illustrates how its mostly black youth who place meaningless value on superfluous things like name brand and designer clothes to the point of insulting the other person if their attire is cheap and low budget

That part stood out to me too.

Juat started watching this and I'm on episode 7 or 8 season 2.....paper boi is a dummy, darius is strange, earn is weak minded and van is a lowkey thot it has its funny moments

Finally seen the last episode, I tbought it was thoughtful. A lot of layered meanings in the story.

The way wearing name brand made you feel good. How his white friend didn't care about it, it's just clothes to him. A message about your worth to yourself being more than what you are wearing.

The class clown setting the tone for everyone one. The kid with the least ambition being seen as the most influential.

Al didn't give no fucks, at the end of the day who you believe you are means more than who you are. Once again with that message.

The kid killing himself based off of the whole self worth message, as though it means that much for him to have a knock off.

The girl in the class actually going through something, and being stronger than the boy and coming back with a more positive attitude..

Shit was deep

Finally seen the last episode, I tbought it was thoughtful. A lot of layered meanings in the story.

The way wearing name brand made you feel good. How his white friend didn't care about it, it's just clothes to him. A message about your worth to yourself being more than what you are wearing.

The class clown setting the tone for everyone one. The kid with the least ambition being seen as the most influential.

Al didn't give no fucks, at the end of the day who you believe you are means more than who you are. Once again with that message.

The kid killing himself based off of the whole self worth message, as though it means that much for him to have a knock off.

The girl in the class actually going through something, and being stronger than the boy and coming back with a more positive attitude..

Shit was deep
i think it had more to do with his parents ' divorce and his daddy being away

It's crazy how they're already becoming an "all-star cast". All 4 of the main characters are making big moves outside the show, so when they come together the shit's like voltron.

Back