Welcome To aBlackWeb

Donald Glover to host & musical guest on SNL May 5th.

Hopefully he takes some creative control over the sketches.

Nah it's still SNL. Won't watch. Chappelle was the only one with enough juice to get me to watch in 16 or 17 yrs cause he's naturally funny. I knew he'd come through with something even in the adlibs (which he did) despite that show's writers and staff's mediocrity.

Also anybody peep earlier in the episode the implication that Earn gave Van HPV when they were talking about birth control? Robbed of a relationship and her clean bill of health..

I think she was saying that in general

Because HPV doesn't really show up or is easily passed through a man's system naturally and gone it would be hard to prove earn gave her HPV anyway.

I feel like that would have came up during the ping pong game

like on the last score she would say "And you gave me an STD nigga GAME!!!!!"

She was beautiful. I wanted to use the Last Action Hero movie ticket to enter the show and join her on the sofa.

Trust that ,that shit cute on TV,but she would be a handful in real life.

her character was a stand out though and I wanna see her more.

Never understood the love for King of Queens. Always found it corny as fuck. I honestly think Seinfeld is the only 90s live action sitcom I tolerated with white people. But that show was on another level. It was the blueprint for this, Always Sunny and a shitload of other modern sitcoms for a reason. It's aged very gracefully.

There are mad great 90's sitcoms to me

Married With Children is goat,Living Single,roseanne,Family Matters,etc

There are mad great 90's sitcoms to me

Married With Children is goat,Living Single,roseanne,Family Matters,etc

Married With Children is from the 80s even though most of it's seasons were from the 90s. Plus I was talking about sitcoms with white characters.

Since you brought it up Living Single I only watched for 2 seasons before it became the black Friends. Family Matters was saccharine crap.

I watched TGIF when I was a kid too cause I was a kid but even back then I found them corny and never put them in the same category as Married With Children (watched from '88), Martin (watched the entire run when it originally aired) and Seinfeld (watched from '94 till it finished) which were all genuinely funny.

The only truly genuinely funny saccharine family friendly comedy show from the 90s was The Fresh Prince. But Family Matters, Full House, Step by Step and shit like that never had the juice.

Married With Children is from the 80s even though most of it's seasons were from the 90s. Plus I was talking about sitcoms with white characters.

Since you brought it up Living Single I only watched for 2 seasons before it became the black Friends. Family Matters was saccharine crap.

I watched TGIF when I was a kid too cause I was a kid but even back then I found them corny and never put them in the same category as Married With Children (watched from '88), Martin (watched the entire run when it originally aired) and Seinfeld (watched from '94 till it finished) which were all genuinely funny.

The only truly genuinely funny saccharine family friendly comedy show from the 90s was The Fresh Prince. But Family Matters, Full House, Step by Step and shit like that never had the juice.

Friends copied Living Single

How it become the black Friends when Living single came out first? Like a whole year before friends

How it become the black Friends when Living single came out first? Like a whole year before friends

I didn't watch Friends like that so I didn't know. It was more a reference to how it became relationship musical chairs among the principle cast after a while.

Everytime people talk about friends they talk about the orgy shuffle that happened between the characters on the show. They also dropped the most realistic brother from the cast and it never recuperated. It got tired and played quick. Too romantic comedy not enough living.

Trust that ,that shit cute on TV,but she would be a handful in real life.

her character was a stand out though and I wanna see her more.

I know remember when I said "I've dated a couple of girls in that room" that was one of them. Also dated girls with the personality type of the sadiddy girl that spazzed while high and the shallow ass girl that took em to the party in the first place. It wouldn't be my first rodeo lol

This episode was trash, but maybe the Teddy Perkins ep was so dope it cast a shadow on this one for me.

And I guess one robbery was Van being robbed of her pic with Drake and being robbed of her opportunity to stunt for the Gram.

the episode....seemed like it was directed by Issa Rae herself....lmaoooo

it was a lil too Insecure-ish at times....im not really liking the "character development" episodes they're throwing out this season but i get it cuz it's still all coming together....i hope they get back to Paperboi storyline cuz aside from Earn's problems, i thought the focus of the show would be solely on him and his so-so rap career....

Maybe Donald dont plan on a season 3.

Has one been confirmed or not?

Maybe hes tryn showcase each actor to help with their post-Atlanta careers

But it took 2yrs to get season 2 becuz Glover movie & music career is taking off.

Will prolly depend on how much FX wants to pay.

Back