Welcome To aBlackWeb

At Least 2 Dead and 10 Injured After Shooting Near Chiefs Super Bowl Parade | Update: 3 in critical condition & 5 in serious condition

Let me put another check mark by parade in my list of places you can’t go without fear of being shot.

I took my oldest son with me to the Cavs Championship parade in 2016. He was 6 at the time. When it was over we walked to my dads job at a restaurant downtown like 5 minutes away from the parade. I had him on my shoulders and I saw a crowd of like 100 people running for their lives. We dipped into a hotel lobby and some people had said that they shooting out there. My dads job was like a block away at that point so I went behind the building since I know the area and we ran into his job through an employee parking entrance.

I found out later that a little girl like 12 years old got shot in Tower City which is a mall connected to where the Cavs play. Then I found out that the little girl was one of my close friends little sister. She wasn't even a target. Just some niggas shooting at each other with hella kids around since it's a parade. I think she made a full recovery but the casualness of the whole situation was very weird. I remember sitting at my dads job and not really panicking but part of that was because I didn't want my son to know what was going on. He was actually smiling when we started running. He had no clue.

I took my oldest son with me to the Cavs Championship parade in 2016. He was 6 at the time. When it was over we walked to my dads job at a restaurant downtown like 5 minutes away from the parade. I had him on my shoulders and I saw a crowd of like 100 people running for their lives. We dipped into a hotel lobby and some people had said that they shooting out there. My dads job was like a block away at that point so I went behind the building since I know the area and we ran into his job through an employee parking entrance.

I found out later that a little girl like 12 years old got shot in Tower City which is a mall connected to where the Cavs play. Then I found out that the little girl was one of my close friends little sister. She wasn't even a target. Just some niggas shooting at each other with hella kids around since it's a parade. I think she made a full recovery but the casualness of the whole situation was very weird. I remember sitting at my dad’s job and not really panicking but part of that was because I didn't want my son to know what was going on. He was actually smiling when we started running. He had no clue.
Crazy how accepting we’ve become of something so horrendous.

If we ever figure this out future generations will look back on these times like some sort of dystopian past where everyone lived in constant fear of our fellow citizens.

Other countries look at the US like this now.

Crazy how accepting we’ve become of something so horrendous.

If we ever figure this out future generations will look back on these times like some sort of dystopian past where everyone lived in constant fear of our fellow citizens.

Other countries look at the US like this now.
Or they may completely forget about it as if it never happened, like the daily bombings all over the country in the late 60's through about the 70's. Ask folks about it now and even people that were full adults are like "Huh? I don't remember that".

Or they may completely forget about it as if it never happened, like the daily bombings all over the country in the late 60's through about the 70's. Ask folks about it now and even people that were full adults are like "Huh? I don't remember that".

There's a grey area of responsibility for the adults of this generation to educate and guide the next generation while also reminding them of the past. A lot of people are only focused on doing one and not both. It's always going to look like an ugly truth but it has to be done.

There were mass bombings on an almost daily basis with multiple casualties per incident?

There were mass bombings on an almost daily basis with multiple casualties per incident?

I've posted about it before, and it's not whether or not people lost their lives or were injured in these bombings, it's the fact that they were so common back in those days and have all but completely been forgotten almost as if none of them had ever happened. What I'm saying is that the other option aside from "... future generations will look back on these times like some sort of dystopian past" is that those same future generations may never even learn of it. Think about it: Until I posted about it, have you ever heard of mass bombings in the US???

I've posted about it before, and it's not whether or not people lost their lives or were injured in these bombings, it's the fact that they were so common back in those days and have all but completely been forgotten almost as if none of them had ever happened. What I'm saying is that the other option aside from "... future generations will look back on these times like some sort of dystopian past" is that those same future generations may never even learn of it. Think about it: Until I posted about it, have you ever heard of mass bombings in the US???

Sounds like a false equivalency then. Kids that have to deal with this on a daily basis will remember and tell their kids. I’m sure there weren’t mass bomber drills and near weekly reporting on the news about it. And I’m sure there wasn’t political fights around whether people should be able to have bombs or not.

And there will be documentaries and special reports in the future about this time in history. Shit will probably be in history books at some point given it’s so ingrained in our society right now.

Sounds like a false equivalency then. Kids that have to deal with this on a daily basis will remember and tell their kids. I’m sure there weren’t mass bomber drills and near weekly reporting on the news about it. And I’m sure there wasn’t political fights around whether people should be able to have bombs or not.

And there will be documentaries and special reports in the future about this time in history. Shit will probably be in history books at some point given it’s so ingrained in our society right now.

You're going too far with it.

I'm saying either what you're saying will come to pass, or it will cease to be mentioned like what has happened with the bombings in the late 60's-70's.

That's it.

Back