Welcome To aBlackWeb

At least 10 people have been killed in a mass shooting in a Buffalo Supermarket by a 18yo white supremacist.

Free speech is only freedom from having government restrict your speech. Even then, if that speech invites violence, it’s not protected as free speech. So to me, any racist speech, blatant or veiled, should not be regarded as free speech because it has led to the worst violence in America’s history.

Eh. Im of the opinion that "u cant police thought"

ppl have the right to say dumb racist stuff.

But u have this fuckin idiot who bought all that bs n did this hateful act.

Dude is a ass clown.
People saying that dumb racist stuff influences others to believe that dumb racist stuff though. People underestimate just how easily people are influenced. If you take hate speech out of media and social media, the racist temperature will decrease. People will still be racist of course, but the passion behind that racism will certainly diminish.

People saying that dumb racist stuff influences others to believe that dumb racist stuff though. People underestimate just how easily people are influenced. If you take hate speech out of media and social media, the racist temperature will decrease. People will still be racist of course, but the passion behind that racism will certainly diminish.

unfortunately this passive logic is why coward CACs even feel emboldened to keep attacking us

echo chambers aside, it's still dangerous to start talking about restricting public speech

and the 1st amendment protects the ability to say what u want, but it doesn't protect u from consequences (from anyone else but the govt)

if u say triggering shit, then there should be repercussions..........but it's a bad idea to think restricting speech is a better alternative to letting racists speak freely

right now u want to silence shit u think is harmful.......but who is the objective authority to determine what's appropriate and what's not

I'm not confident in some higher appointed authority to be able to protect us from harmful speech

People only have "the right to say dumb racist stuff" because racists gave them that right. Also... and i can't stress this enough every time it comes up... people really need to read the actual 1st amendment before they talk about "freedom of speech"

The first amendment applies more to colin keapernic being allowed to kneel during the anthem at football games without repercussions than it does to nazis being able to incite people to shoot people up when they're trying to buy groceries.

The point is this isn't some lone wolf random thing by "this idiot"... he was indoctrinated.

I disagree.........colin kaepernick isn't entitled to a job making millions while being able to make political statements at his place of employment......even actual govt employees have restrictions for their political activities

and although I agree with his stance, I also think he knew what the consequences were going to be once he decided to protest

and nazis should be allowed to express themselves.........but we also should be able to track these same nazis and hold them accountable whenever a crime is committed...........charge them mofos with conspiracy at the minimum

but to cut them off from social media and wishfully believe they aren't active and proselytizing is naïve and just hoping the shit will go away on its own...........it won't, that why we are still in 2022 dealing with racist attacks

we should be challenging these racists directly head on instead of doing whatever we can to ignore/silence them

mofos forget that there was a time when outright racism was legal and the community norm.....what if mofos made it legal to restrict the free speech of espousing equality for all

I don't think ya'll are really considering what u are advocating for

unfortunately this passive logic is why coward CACs even feel emboldened to keep attacking us

echo chambers aside, it's still dangerous to start talking about restricting public speech

and the 1st amendment protects the ability to say what u want, but it doesn't protect u from consequences (from anyone else but the govt)

if u say triggering shit, then there should be repercussions..........but it's a bad idea to think restricting speech is a better alternative to letting racists speak freely

right now u want to silence shit u think is harmful.......but who is the objective authority to determine what's appropriate and what's not

I'm not confident in some higher appointed authority to be able to protect us from harmful speech
So basically do nothing?

There’s strength in numbers and when people feel validated they get emboldened to act. Take away that validation and you can reduce the acts of violence.

Back in the day you had the KKK emboldening these racists. Now you have social media platforms doing so. If we can basically abolish the KKK which reduced acts as a result of their validation, why not do the same for these social media platforms?

You should worry less about a tv troll and wonder why politicians continually let white supremacist terrorist off the hook. The FBI know they are a problem but no one does anything about it or wants to. Be Muslim or a rapper and the FBI on your head.

Should atleast be able to go after social media platforms. They are private companies so they aren't protected by the 1st amendment. Can't police your platform correctly then hit them with fines.

You should worry less about a tv troll and wonder why politicians continually let white supremacist terrorist off the hook. The FBI know they are a problem but no one does anything about it or wants to. Be Muslim or a rapper and the FBI on your head.

Should atleast be able to go after social media platforms. They are private companies so they aren't protected by the 1st amendment. Can't police your platform correctly then hit them with fines.

Hasnt 4chan been an issue and a place that harbors people like this for years now?

I wonder why politicians don’t come together to make punishment for these types of crimes more severe?

Mandatory death penalty? Can’t use mental illness to avoid punishment if found guilty? Instant death?

Idk how this becomes a partisan issue.

death penalty ain’t gonna stop mass shooting. Half of them would kill themselves

we knew what the real deal was about the #bluelivesmatter retort during the Jan 6 riot

capitol police were attacked and none of the bluelivesmatter supporters had anything to say about it

ironically they were even complaining about police brutality when that cop shot the dumb chick in the neck for trying to break and enter that window

u in denial if u don't what it is by now

So basically do nothing?

There’s strength in numbers and when people feel validated they get emboldened to act. Take away that validation and you can reduce the acts of violence.

Back in the day you had the KKK emboldening these racists. Now you have social media platforms doing so. If we can basically abolish the KKK which reduced acts as a result of their validation, why not do the same for these social media platforms?

I guess u ignored the part of my post where I said we should be confronting racists head-on? 🙁

the KKK was still able to embolden racists without social media, but now u think it's a good idea to set up govt enforcement-like authorities to police their thoughts on the internet.........u really think that will minimize their racist activity?

the KKK was abolished only because activists confronted them directly through various ways........even down to direct intellectual discourse

what it sounds like u want is the same thing passive white folks want whenever racism and inequality is brought up by the aggrieved......ie. as long as we stop talking about it, then maybe racism and its problems will just automatically go away

that's what it seems like u are hoping will happen by putting the responsibility on private corporations to restrict speech

Back