Welcome To aBlackWeb

Astronomers capture 1st image of Milky Way’s huge black hole

I've read that they speculate that there are something like 2-3 trillion galaxies out there.
All separated by distances so vast we have no way to traverse them.
Shit, it took Voyager 35 years to reach interstellar space beyond our solar system and it's traveling at an utterly insane rate of speed.
We have no way to travel to the nearest solar system in a human lifetime.

I've often said humanity is akin to a flea farting in the wind. Cosmically speaking, we've been around about as long and are about as significant as one in the grand scheme.

Which then opens up this theory.

The theory of the infinite monkeys states that the way probability works is, if you give infinite monkeys infinite typewriters, and give them infinite time, they will produce all the written works of men an infinite number of times.

Basically, when you combine probability with infinity, at some point, one of those monkeys is gonna type random letters that is identical to romeo and juliet.

If you consider that life on earth is just the result of a trillion random coincidences, and the universe is indeed infinite, then all possible coincidences will exist in the universe.

So that means not only does life exist out there somewhere, infinite versions of all of us do as well. All within the realm of the physics of our universe ofcourse.

When we consider how big the universe is, 2-3 trillion galaxies like you said, then to me, the universe dont even need to be infinite for some other versions of us to exist out there.

I'm good.

lol nah let’s engage… I’m curious as to why you think this is funny. Do you think it’s impossible? Is it because taking a picture can’t be done? You don’t think black holes exist? Let’s dialogue.

And then you add Schrodinger's cat, and the fact that light is both a particle and a beam, and it only picks a definite form when someone choses to percieve it, and all this shit gets wild.

Easier to just believe life is just a simulation.

Im done in this thread though. Only so much my sober mind can talk about this. Ill be back when im high

Lmaooo. The other issue with this is that imagine you on a spaceship knowing your fam been on it for generations and generations. And in your generation, yall finally make it to the planet.

Then you find out 2k years after yall left, they found some new technology, and were able to find a way to make it to the new planet in 500 years.

And yall get to the planet just to discover mfers been there for 7k years already. Haha

I listened to a audio drama and that was the premise.

Not only did the younger generation get to the planet first but they trashed the place by the time the first ship arrived.

I feel like I seen this last year or earlier this year already
That was in 2019 and the Black hole was in the M87 galaxy which is 55 million light-years away from us
TnXzKbbbRFCRauYZRBncLZ.jpg

I listened to a audio drama and that was the premise.

Not only did the younger generation get to the planet first but they trashed the place by the time the first ship arrived.

I might have to check that out

Man our planet is like a speck dust compared to the size of our solar system, and look how small our solar system is compared to the black hole.

And, our whole galaxy is smaller then even a speck of dust compared to the KNOWN universe which is only theorized to be like 15% of the universe.

It blows my mind sometimes to think about how fucking small we are compared to how large the universe is.
This kinda thinking can drive people crazy

I always say that people who think the existence of a God is far fetched don't really know much about science. When you get really deep into a lot of scientific theories, particularly in physics, they all sound ridiculous. They aren't ridiculous because good theories usually have something backing them whether it be empirical evidence or solid math, but if someone tries to explain t hem in words, they sound ridiculous.

There is no evidence of an “edge” of the universe, this shit could literally go on forever

The sheer numbers involved with astronomy is nuts. Truly makes you laugh thinking that a lot of humans believe that this universe was created just for us. Some misguided false sense of self-importance.

There is no evidence of an “edge” of the universe, this shit could literally go on forever

it likely has no end..we just don’t know for sure, since the universe is 13.8b years old, the light from that time hasn’t reached us yet..

but if the Big Bang is true, being that there was a beginning, then it would have to be finite…but again noevidence has presented itself for this claim either…

we don’t even know the shape of our universe… bubble? donut? flat disc? Our current tech that measures our universe points to flat but aren’t accurate enough to be definite

Einstein today wld be crazy interesting to listen to

Back