Assisted Suicide

OhMars

MEH!
Jan 22, 2018
For terminal patients، are ok with assisted suicide?
Should this be socially acceptable?

Reactions: Chicity
It is in certain places.

I totally understand someone's right to want this.

Cant look at it like the person wanting to speed it up as selfish...We gotta look at the person who doesn't want them to do it as selfish.
If you are not in that persons head or dealt with what they're dealing with....You can't say much.

Reactions: mike030270
Yes! Wtf, we'll let animals die in humane ways when they dont even have the capacity to understand suffering like humans do. Sick and barbaric to make humans suffer until the very last second.

I just dealt with this shit last year. It's a tough decision, but if they said they don't want to live as a vegetable, you should respect their wishes.
I take what you're saying as them not wanting to be on life support, I don't think that's assisted suicide.

I don't have a problem with people who have MS and will lose the ability to function to want to end their life on their terms but I can't be the one to help them.

Sometimes machines have to help people breath. , And Mad people feel a away about that.

If someone says up front they don't want to be hooked up to a machine to breath... And they can still communicate that when the machine comes into play....

I'm 100% with giving them their rest. One of the reasons I'm happy I'm a only child. I've seen siblings go to war over respecting a parents last wishes

I considered it with my grandad before he passed last year. He asked me to do it cause he didn't want to go to the hospital.

I called the ambulance, he went peacefully in the hospital and I was by his side the whole time.

For me, it was about making his final moment as gentle as possible and knowing that when he was in a clear mental state, he believed suicide to be a sin that would keep him out of Heaven.

I don't regret my decision, but I don't judge those that consider doing it either

Sometimes machines have to help people breath. , And Mad people feel a away about that.

If someone says up front they don't want to be hooked up to a machine to breath... And they can still communicate that when the machine comes into play....

I'm 100% with giving them their rest. One of the reasons I'm happy I'm a only child. I've seen siblings go to war over respecting a parents last wishes
To be clear. I'm not talking about DMR orders. I'm taking about giving terminally ill patients that are suffering a lethal dose.

My father on several occasions has asked us to just kill him or let him die. Until I saw his suffering up close I didn't grasp the concept of assisted completely. Now I think I'm with it. If all that he is going through is certainly gonna end with death why drag him through this?

But he is a very religious man and I know that in his right mind he wouldn't want that. It's a shitty situation.

Last edited:
I support it, but I would also have a very hard time making the final decision for a loved one.