Welcome To aBlackWeb

Asking who’s the girl sitting next to Coco Jones proves that black men are colorist

And it is kinda fucked up.

Coco out here put on her best outfit because she knew she was gonna be front row and be put on the Jumbotron and niggas wanna know who the librarian trust fund baby with dad shoes looking ass bitch is.

Coco looking like a damn succubus straight outta Hell and niggas like...

"Damn, who the home room teacher looking ass bitch is?"

Lol, I swear. Any type of light skin chick is pressure for some of y'all.
So!

And it is kinda fucked up.

Coco out here put on her best outfit because she knew she was gonna be front row and be put on the Jumbotron and niggas wanna know who the librarian trust fund baby with dad shoes looking ass bitch is.

Coco looking like a damn succubus straight outta Hell and niggas like...

"Damn, who the home room teacher looking ass bitch is?"

Lol, I swear. Any type of light skin chick is pressure for some of y'all.
sometimes less is more

What’s wrong with that though?

Folks that love darker skin people never gets any backlash

Making a fetish out of skin color is not a good thing at all regardless of the complexion. This isn't a new thing. People have disliked it for a very long time

Making a fetish out of skin color is not a good thing at all regardless of the complexion. This isn't a new thing. People have disliked it for a very long time
Not when a black man/woman outwardly expresses their love/attraction for darker person.

“Blacker the berry” will always get praised over somebody saying something about lighter skin tones. And when they do, it’s called self hate

Nigga can't like light skins now either?

what's funny is I prefer blackity black black women,but my current main girl is light skinned.

I guess I ain't down no mo.

Coco is cuter than that light skinned girl to me,but she is a cutie

Y’all gotta relax. Not to have the cape for women but let’s remember growing up light skin was viewed as more attractive. Didn’t matter the gender. No not everybody was in that and a lot of us were kids but it does not come from a made up place.

I went to school with folks who said they didn’t want darkskin kids.

But as far as op this ain’t that.

Not when a black man/woman outwardly expresses their love/attraction for darker person.

“Blacker the berry” will always get praised over somebody saying something about lighter skin tones. And when they do, it’s called self hate

Because as you know being from NO lightskin was treated just a little better many times. Horse slaves vs field. And I don’t think that mean lightskin folks had it easy but we can’t forget history.

1. It's not always self hate but don't be intentionally ignorant to the history of what people mean when they say that. If you're gonna do that then you're just showing you're not having a discussion in good faith.

2. Which leads to...if you're gonna use that phrase as an example then you can't ignore the history behind how darker skin people have traditionally been viewed. And also that when some do express their preference for light skinned folks they do so in a way that doesn't exactly compliment them but rather insults them as well.

What’s wrong with that though?

Folks that love darker skin people never gets any backlash

So you're really going to take the stance that colorism doesn't exist? I'm not saying that it's impossible for people to simply fight lighter skin tones more attractive, but we're not going to sit in here and act like there aren't people who've been programmed to believe dark = ugly and light = beautiful.

So you're really going to take the stance that colorism doesn't exist? I'm not saying that it's impossible for people to simply fight lighter skin tones more attractive, but we're not going to sit in here and act like there aren't people who've been programmed to believe dark = ugly and light = beautiful.
I didn’t.

People like what they like.

But when it comes to hate/love the pendulum don’t swing both ways.

In one breathe it’s black folks come in all different shades

But when a person like a lighter complexion it’s hate.

Can’t have it both ways

I didn’t.

People like what they like.

But when it comes to hate/love the pendulum don’t swing both ways.

In one breathe it’s black folks come in all different shades

But when a person like a lighter complexion it’s hate.

Can’t have it both ways

It's easy to paint shit as hypocritical or inconsistent when you leave out important context. Of course, the pendulum doesn't swing both ways. There's no centuries long precedent of people elevating darker skin tones to better fit a white supremacist paradigm.

2 things can be true at the same time. I believe that people who automatically assume a person who's with a light skinned person has a colorist complex is operating off an insecurity.

I also believe that there's plenty people who find lighter skinned people more attractive because of an aversion to dark skinned Black people that's rooted in their own issues with being Black

Y’all gotta relax. Not to have the cape for women but let’s remember growing up light skin was viewed as more attractive. Didn’t matter the gender. No not everybody was in that and a lot of us were kids but it does not come from a made up place.

I went to school with folks who said they didn’t want darkskin kids.

But as far as op this ain’t that.
I’m relaxed I never said anything to oppose what you said

I think coco is prettier anyway

Back