Welcome To aBlackWeb

As an Asian-American, I'm Tired of Being Racially Gaslit By My Peers

What happened here?

Seems like there was an incident with a black person attacking what this lady thought was an Asian, and she jumped at the opportunity to throw it up as an example of the Black on Asian narrative. Then someone pointed out the person called the black person the N word, and the lady came back and said that didn't give the black person the right to be so brutal. Then someone pointed out the one that got beat up was Latino and not Asian, so the woman copped pleas and tried to be on some "Can't we all get along?" shit.

Seems like there was an incident with a black person attacking what this lady thought was an Asian, and she jumped at the opportunity to throw it up as an example of the Black on Asian narrative. Then someone pointed out the person called the black person the N word, and the lady came back and said that didn't give the black person the right to be so brutal. Then someone pointed out the one that got beat up was Latino and not Asian, so the woman copped pleas and tried to be on some "Can't we all get along?" shit.

SMH thanks.

I don't understand why some blacks feel the need to disregard the struggles of others. That shit doesn't do anything to lessen our own. Asians have been persecuted in this country. Not all of them the same and none of them to the extent that we have, but it's silly to act like whites have fucked with them too.
You caping for those groups that don't cape for black Americans they have a culture of undermining black Americans.

I don't understand why some blacks feel the need to disregard the struggles of others. That shit doesn't do anything to lessen our own. Asians have been persecuted in this country. Not all of them the same and none of them to the extent that we have, but it's silly to act like whites have fucked with them too.
You can’t be serious. Black people cape for other groups sometimes to a fault and at the detriment of themselves.

You can’t be serious. Black people cape for other groups sometimes to a fault and at the detriment of themselves.

We're not talking about the same people. Yes, there are absolutely people that do what you're saying, but those aren't the same people that make tweets like the one that was posted. At the end, both of those extremes are stupid. We don't need to bend over backwards doing right by those that won't do the same for us, but we also don't need to misrepresent the struggles of others as if that somehow helps our struggle. There is a middle ground. It's called just being fair to ourselves and to others.

We're not talking about the same people. Yes, there are absolutely people that do what you're saying, but those aren't the same people that make tweets like the one that was posted. At the end, both of those extremes are stupid. We don't need to bend over backwards doing right by those that won't do the same for us, but we also don't need to misrepresent the struggles of others as if that somehow helps our struggle. There is a middle ground. It's called just being fair to ourselves and to others.
So choose your words better address the person in that tweet you quoted.

He made the comment so address his comments. Just like I’m addressing you, so use your words better.

Bruh, what is this? His tweet prompted me to comment on that way of thinking and people who use it. My comment wasn't limited to him, and I wasn't addressing him directly. If I was, I would have gone to his tweed and commented there.

Again, my word selection was just fine. Go look up the word "some" if you don't understand what it means.

Bruh, what is this? His tweet prompted me to comment on that way of thinking and people who use it. My comment wasn't limited to him, and I wasn't addressing him directly. If I was, I would have gone to his tweed and commented there.

Is this a "hit dog will holla" moment or what? If what I said doesn't apply to why are you so strongly affected by it. Again, my word selection was just fine. Go look up the word "some" if you don't understand what it means.
He made the comment so address that comment to him. Use your words better.

Back