Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are you happy?

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. This is reminding me to schedule my next session with my therapist right now before I forget.

I’ve had some really good days lately, trying to keep myself focused on being my best self.

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. This is reminding me to schedule my next session with my therapist right now before I forget.

I’ve had some really good days lately, trying to keep myself focused on being my best self.

Is your therapist black? I've found it impossible to open up to these white folk that just seem like they going through the motions of a 9-5.

giphy.gif

It’s actually imperative that I found a Black therapist and I searched specifically for one. There’s no way I can comfortably as a Black woman sit and tell my problems on a day to day basis as a Black woman to a white person.

It would be hindering my healing honestly. I can’t comfortably unpack my shit with that.

There's a joke here............but not the appropriate place to post it.

In response to the thread, however, not really happy or sad.

Just feels like I'm going through the motions.

I have moments where im pissed off and unhappy, but overall im a happy mfer.

Im working on making things even better thoug.

Most insurance companies websites let you narrow your therapist search down by ethnicity. It's pretty easy to find a black therapist if you're looking.

its like this

I have more days when I think im finally happy now then i did before

definitely blessed....for whatever that means to anybody

not always cheerful and in high spirits in that sense of it

I feel like I'm rewarded for pushing thru....

But the annoyances remind me that I'm pushing thru..

Back