That's The Joint
8th Wonder
Freedom
Adventures Of Grandmaster Flash On The Wheels Of Steel
New York New York
Survival
Beat Street
Step Off

Half of the popular records from 79-84 came out on Sugarhill. The other half are from other labels.

not yet, we'll see where remy ends up next 10yrs with her label and other things going on

nikki got anything going on?

3 songs vs someone like Diddy, or Russel or Master P. Who had hit albums AND songs. With numerous artist, that span over years.

She wasn't no damn " mogul of all moguls"

Well I'm not going to argue with you, but Sylvia Robinson took it from zero to a handful. She had a monolopoly on Hip Hop from 79-84, then Russel Simmons took over. But I'll say this much, when I was a kid if you went into a record store you'd look for a record with the Sugarhill logo. If it had a Sugarhill logo you knew it was Rap (almost always with a few exceptions). I'm not saying that everything on Sugarhill was 5 mics, but this was the Sugarhill roster:

Sugarhill Gang
Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5
Treacherous Three
Spoonie G
Funky 4+1
Sequence
Crash Crew

Those were the biggest names in Hip Hop. The only person not signed to Sugarhill was Kurtis Blow.

Well I'm not going to argue with you, but Sylvia Robinson took it from zero to a handful. She had a monolopoly on Hip Hop from 79-84, then Russel Simmons took over. But I'll say this much, when I was a kid if you went into a record store you'd look for a record with the Sugarhill logo. If it had a Sugarhill logo you knew it was Rap (almost always with a few exceptions). I'm not saying that everything on Sugarhill was 5 mics, but this was the Sugarhill roster:

Sugarhill Gang
Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5
Treacherous Three
Spoonie G
Funky 4+1
Sequence
Crash Crew

Those were the biggest names in Hip Hop. The only person not signed to Sugarhill was Kurtis Blow.

Cuz you can't. Especially calling her "the mogul of all moguls"

So is clear that the answer is no lol. Queen Latifah became a movie star more than mogul n missy ain't quite do enough outside if music is what I'm getting.
And Nicky could be if she plays her cards right....

Back