Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are There Any Female Hip Hop Moguls?

Not explicitly which is why I left them off my list cuz I thought we were talking about female rappers at first.

Rihanna and Beyonce are RnB/Pop.. they have hip hop elements in their music but theyre not exclusive to hip hop.

But then again neither was Queen Latifah or Missy... so iono lol
Yeah but missy and QL are much more rooted in Hiphop than bey and Rihanna so I would consider them hip hop figures

Hmmm I guess itā€™s up to nicki, cardi or maybe Rapsody because Meg is way too new to potentially be a mogul anytime soon

Rapsody?

Nobody who not a hip hop head knows who rapsody is
Rapsody has deep ties to ppl in the industry namely 9th wonder which would help when trying to get a record label off the ground

lol @ in a thread about Hiphop moguls worrying about ppl outside hiphop

shush white boy

They would be indistinguishable if not for their proximity to Hip Hop. And do not leave Mariah out of that conversation.
No I get that but classifying those two as hip hop moguls would be doing them a disservice so they canā€™t be considered that despite them being apart of the culture

U gotta move move than 30k per album if u wanna be a mogul

Just bcuz u a dope rapper who knows 9th wonder dont make u nxt in line

And dont call me white boy. Idk u. U dnt kno me.

Now that I think about it, Sylvia Robinson is the mogul of all moguls. She saw what was going on in the parks and on the streets and had the sense to make a record in a recording studio.

Accordingly, everybody says that she ripped them off. She died a while back. It's unfortunate the way things played out because everybody was trying to sue her so she wouldn't do interviews. As a result we never got to hear her side of the story, which is a shame.

But yeah, Rihanna, Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, etc. may or may not be considered moguls, but they don't rap.

Missy and Queen Latifah rap.

Would you guys consider Michael Jackson a mogul or just a really, really, really big pop star?

I consider Prince a mogul because he produced a handful of acts (The Time, Vanity 6, Appallonia 6, Sheila E). And he figured out how to circumvent the music industry; Basically he'd have a concert and you get a copy of the cd with the price of admission. He completely removed the record label from the equation. But he had to work his way up from the bottom. He spent his first 10+ years on a record label before he figured it out.

Prince also directed a handful of movies. I wonder how much he was worth when he died.

Back