Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW André 3000 - New Blue Sun

It's good for what it is, but for his fans looking for some rap shit, this is probably as far as you can possibly get from that.

He did a 30 minute interview recently. Buddy is done done with rap. People need to give that shit up. He basically said he's tried really hard to make a rap album and actually wants to make one, but he just doesn't feel rap like that. He basically said that if he made one, he'd just be putting some shit out to put something out and he doesn't want to do that.

Lol being a culture vulture has little to do with the music you like playing and more to do with trying to emulate a stereotype just to get attention

Like when Miley Cyrus tried to act ratchet back in the day
I stated that the word is often misused and gave a few examples.

But yes, Miley was using rachet culture as such (folks was saying acting black which is disrespectful to black folks) to gain attention/money

Damn, we can’t have a black musical composer? That’s basically what this is. No different from Bach, Beethoven, etc. Hell, even Kenny G.

I mean, it’s not for me…I’m just sayin’.

It's basically ambient music, but yeah having a black composer in that genre is pretty cool.

On a side note, I don't know what kinda shit Paul Wall is on to want a screwed version of this album. lol

I mean artists should be able to put out the music they want to put out, music is an expression of self but I understand fans of a specific era/time of their music being disappointed with something left field coming out...

Bob Dylan, Ray Charles and Bowie were always changed genres even Snoop and Willie Nelson put out reggae albums but difference being they werent instrumental albums, you still hear their voices...

I listened to the preview of 3000's album and its not for me as I dont really like wind instruments but I would be interested to know if they composed the music on a computer or if they used session musicians and recorded it live in the studio... If they recorded it live and didnt use 'computer instruments' it would still be impressive...

Last edited:
I wonder how much the album was promoted in the circles that appreciate this kind of music. We all knew about it because of our history with 3 Stacks, but maybe he finds a lot of success in that other genre. At least I hope so.

He did mention ghost composing for other well known artists in the genre and having it be well received.

I really like this album from 3K. Honestly seeing Khrysis chop it was dope (I wish that Sean Price was alive to rhyme over it). Creativity sparking creativity.

Back