Welcome To aBlackWeb

I was like she's innocent then something would happen like her slapping him and I was like yeah she killed him lmao. But I think you can tell he was struggling with their roles and his career he was envious of her success and I think she didn't see him as someone worth her respect anymore.
Well yeah they were sleeping kinda seperate, she cheated and she pretty told him all his failures is self imposed by him

And this is on top of him feeing guilt over the accident and I guess inferior because he quit writing to pay the bills and she pretty much took over as the sole writer

But idk man there’s no murder weapon and if you really want to believe the head hitting the shed thing then she would’ve had to have pushed him as he was leaning out a decent amount and idk I can’t imagine them already maybe arguing and she still pushes him..

Anatomy of a Fall

Anatomy Acclaim

PRAISE: Director and writer Justine Triet and writer Arthur Harari have not only presented a very watchable and involving court room drama but also the story of a breakdown of a marriage and a family. The story about a woman being suspected of her husband's murder, and their blind son being the only witness is an entertaining one and then some. Great performances from the entire cast including Sandra Hüller as Sandra Voyter Swann Arlaud as Maître Vincent Renzi , Milo Machado Graner as Daniel and Samuel Theis as Samuel. The layers are pulled back on the couples dysfunction and resentment which leads to where it all started and the foundation of guilt and frustration it was built on . I thought all of the aforementioned was so well done displaying a lot of raw emotion and realistic themes of a couple that slowly but surely had reached their breaking points with each other. There are perfectly directed scenes one standout being an argument that keeps slowly boiling to the point of boiling over but Triet chooses to pull back on the visuals of the boil over making the scene even more powerful. I liked that certain things were nodded to but not fully told because it made the movie and the characters even more interesting. Sometimes marriages and relationships reach that annoying to obnoxious level of just knowing how to get under each other's skin and I thought that was amazingly displayed. The film is beautifully shot I always love looking at distant snow capped mountains.
This is definitely one of the best films of 2023.

PROBLEMS : I thought that some of the court room scenes felt drawn out. So much so I started to pick them apart and question if some of it was truly necessary.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

I think she did that shit. How she was vibing with her lawyer at the dinner was a tell for me. When they kissed and she grabbed his face after. For me... she did that shit.

Also her kid instinctively felt like she did it. Which is why he wanted her out the house. A child's intuition in tense situations is powerful. He also through listening to the case put it together that his pops was suicidal. Had he not been privy to the case I don't think he comes to the same conclusion without hearing the murky details.

Back